Caribbean Princess Repair Update

jchipgcs

I just had a look at availability for the 01 Apr sailing, I am shocked.... so many cabins still available. I'd love to book a mini for $999pp+ and take my chances. Shame I can't get out of my shifts next week.

I'm being quoted $799.00 for a mini, 4/1 departure on the 7-day!

Jim

First of all I want to wish the best for all of you especially the April 1 sailing. I have been following this thread for a while with interest to some degree. First of all the ship can sail with 1 screw running and guess what it has been doing that on and off for some time even before this major repair. I was on the Feb 19 sailing and up until we sailed I began seeing where they have had Propulsion problems and getting in to ports late so I was concerned. Then I didn't read any issues the sailing before ours so that was good. Then on our sailing on the last evening I was up in the lounge up high and noticed we were running on one screw on the way back to San Juan. The next morning we were 2-3 hours late docking compared to when they wanted to be there so we were a little late getting off the ship although they made up a lot of time and worked hard. So if I was a betting man I would say the problem finally reached a stage where they had to act and it may have taken a while to get everything needed to do the repair. We had a great cruise and I thought the ship was in good shape and everything went very well except getting back to San Juan a little late.

Enjoy your cruise.

Well, I'm here in San Juan- hoping our ship is going to be fully repaired by Sunday. I can see the ship all lit up from my hotel window.

Honestly, the email they sent did not reassure me one bit. I'm guessing we will be getting on the ship as they say, but who knows where we will be sailing too.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

It's April Fool's Day -- I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong. :eek:

Really though, truly, I'm going to be hawkeyed on that Bridge Cam this Sunday. Please, please set sail!

Remember that CB doest not sail until 11:00 PM EDT, well after dark.

MDSue, Can you go knock on the "door" of the ship and demand to know what the #@**

is going on? Tell them we want the FULL ITINERARY or we will have a MUTINY! Hope you are enjoying San Juan until we get there. : )

MDSue, Can you go knock on the "door" of the ship and demand to know what the #@**

is going on? Tell them we want the FULL ITINERARY or we will have a MUTINY! Hope you are enjoying San Juan until we get there. : )

I wish I could! I'm going to start a new thread specifically for the April 1'st cruise sometime today- to keep tabs of what's going on. Of course, I don't know anymore than what Princess is telling us for now.

Susan

What the beef people?? My wife and I were on the 3/11 Cruise and were suppose to be on for two weeks. Yes, we planned this for more then 8 months and pick this one because of it ITINERARY. However, it did not work out so what!! What everyone is forgetting here is Princess did everything it could to make sure that those aboard the ship were safe, were able to do something while you were on board, and made the necessary arrangement to get you home. THAT to me is more important and the showed they do care!!!!! People did have there choice to stay on board or made there own arrangement to get back home on there dime!! So if you had extra expenses then the only person you have to blame is yourself. So to those boarding the ship on April 1 and there after. Princess is telling you like it is. Sure there could be problem and the ITINERARY maybe be changed so what. What everyone is failing to see is, Princess has shown everyone that there one priority is there passengers safety and that what everyone should be worried about. To me that's what they having been do all along.

I think people should be able to discuss the situation without having others tell them to get over it. Some people have issues with their own personal situations and would like to share. Glad you had a great time- but others would like to have a discussion without all the exclamation marks and being told so what! Not nice- if you aren't concerned, I'm glad, but please let the rest of us have a discussion about a topic that is important to us. Thank-you.

What the beef people?? My wife and I were on the 3/11 Cruise and were suppose to be on for two weeks. Yes, we planned this for more then 8 months and pick this one because of it ITINERARY. However, it did not work out so what!! What everyone is forgetting here is Princess did everything it could to make sure that those aboard the ship were safe, were able to do something while you were on board, and made the necessary arrangement to get you home. THAT to me is more important and the showed they do care!!!!! People did have there choice to stay on board or made there own arrangement to get back home on there dime!! So if you had extra expenses then the only person you have to blame is yourself. So to those boarding the ship on April 1 and there after. Princess is telling you like it is. Sure there could be problem and the ITINERARY maybe be changed so what. What everyone is failing to see is, Princess has shown everyone that there one priority is there passengers safety and that what everyone should be worried about. To me that's what they having been do all along.

Obviously stuff happens, and your cruise was already underway when the problems surfaced so severely that Princess had to make decisions to insure your safety. I think it's great that you have a positive attitude about your aborted and cancelled cruise, and if you feel that Princess took care of you than that's even better.

But after weeks of the ship being out of service for repairs, those of us on the April 1st, 8th, etc. cruises should not have to board the ship with doubts that the ship is ready and able to make it to all of the scheduled ports of call. Their emails have been somewhat less than reassuring that all is well. If there is ANY reason for Princess to believe that they will have to cancel ports and/or return to San Juan early due to problems with the ship, then people on these cruises should be notified and given the option to cancel/change their cruise right now with a full refund.

However, I am going to remain positive that the problems are fixed and we will all have smooth sailing!:)

Obviously stuff happens, and your cruise was already underway when the problems surfaced so severely that Princess had to make decisions to insure your safety. I think it's great that you have a positive attitude about your aborted and cancelled cruise, and if you feel that Princess took care of you than that's even better.

But after weeks of the ship being out of service for repairs, those of us on the April 1st, 8th, etc. cruises should not have to board the ship with doubts that the ship is ready and able to make it to all of the scheduled ports of call. Their emails have been somewhat less than reassuring that all is well. If there is ANY reason for Princess to believe that they will have to cancel ports and/or return to San Juan early due to problems with the ship, then people on these cruises should be notified and given the option to cancel/change their cruise right now with a full refund.

However, I am going to remain positive that the problems are fixed and we will all have smooth sailing!:)

I completely agree. There have been notes on other blogs that the ship is fixed and they will be testing, but the ship is still in port.

Archived