Embarkation

hannahsmomtoo

Someone walk me through embarkation...

NOT the boarding lines etc..

But what happens once you are on the ship...?

I know we will head somewhere ( lido etc ) for lunch while we wait for the room to be ready.. but now there is a thread about waiters with drinks once you board? Oh my this vacation keeps getting better !!! :eek:

And is there a "party" as you pull away from port?

We sail on my birthday and ( If I survive the wait ) I don't want to miss a second !!!

Thanks !

Someone walk me through embarkation...

NOT the boarding lines etc..

But what happens once you are on the ship...?

I know we will head somewhere ( lido etc ) for lunch while we wait for the room to be ready.. but now there is a thread about waiters with drinks once you board? Oh my this vacation keeps getting better !!! :eek:

We sail on my birthday and ( If I survive the wait ) I don't want to miss a second !!!

Thanks !

They will be pushing drinks from the moment you step on but remember you DO have to pay for them so don't spend all your money the first day.......LOL......

The buffet will be open for lunch as well as a couple of other areas. Just ask a staff person and they will be glad to point you in the right direction.

I hope you have WONDERFUL birthday cruise!!!!

Go straight to find a table to eat at or a place to set your things down while you eat and wait for rooms to be ready. Enjoy the buffet or pools and then go to the room to check out fun times. Fun times can also be found at guest services when you board In case you don't want to wait.

Embarkation day is my favorite part of the cruise and I still remember each one very well!

I know we will head somewhere ( lido etc ) for lunch while we wait for the room to be ready.. but now there is a thread about waiters with drinks once you board?

Very first order of business for us usually is having one of the pretty umbrella drinks in the colorful souvenir cups the waitors are pushing for $7.50 and we then order the "refills" in the plain little plastic cups from there on out for $6.75. Having one of those pretty cups in our hand is when we finally KNOW we're on a cruise. I'm thinking it's the "Fun Ship" which has amaretto, rum, vodka, apricot brandy and fruit juices. The waitors and bars have a large selection of all kinds of beverages to choose from though, beers, wines, liquors, etc. (sometimes more limited in port than at sea depending on where you sail from.)

We first grab a deck plan (crewmembers are sometimes handing them to you as you walk onboard.) We grab a Fun Times to review while we grab some lunch (lido is the only location open for lunch this day.) Important orders of business for us after eating are booking excursions at the Shore Excursion Desk, if we still need to, and making spa/salon/steakhouse appointments as all the good appointment times fill up immediately. We explore the ship. Spa/gym tours and raffle will all be listed in the Fun Times, those are interesting.

Rooms are usually open at 1:30. We go check to see if our luggage has arrived and put away what has.

The muster drill is mandatory; muster station information is available around the back of your cabin door.

Then there's sail away. We try to get a good spot on the rail for sail away. Some like to sit at the lido dining tables by the windows to watch. Most folks are on the open-air decks watching the movement of the ship. It's interesting to watch as land moves farther and farther away.

Happy cruising! :D:D:D

For us our favorite time is leaving port. We head up to the highest deck and party with everyone else who is up there. Normally the CD is on the speaker or music is playing getting everyone in the vacation mood. We usually stay up top until we hit "open water" meaning NO LAND TO BE SEEN.

Have a great BDAY Cruise.

Archived