OK Star Cruiers - please post review

RWKY

We just got home about 12:30 a.m., so we slept in until 10:00. We had an awesome trip! Glacier Bay was the absolute highlight of the trip!

The crew of the Star were excellent and we were greeted everyday with a "Good Morning, Mum" or "Have a nice day in port". They would ask about our day and it was refreshing to know that they were genuinely interested. This intinerary was new for them too and you would see them gazing out of the windows or out on deck to get the close up.

I'll be working on a review today and if you have any questions, fire away!

STAR gazing in Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

NCL Star 5/30/04

Carnival Destiny 4/02

Deb1835, how was the weather and did it affect any of the excursions? I've been looking at the forecast in the weather channel web site and it seems like we'll have showers all week!! We're on the Star this coming weekend, sailing 6/13 and very excited. I just hope rain doesn't spoil it. Please let us know which board you'll be posting your review on and if you are scanning the Freestyle Dailies.

Looking forward to your review!

Until the Star.....

Deb1835,

So glad you had a great trip and welcome back. Can't wait to hear all about it. You may address this in your review, but I was just wondering if the port times in Juneau had indeed been changed to 9a.m. Looking forward to reading all!

I'm posting the review on this board. I'll be scanning the dailies later today. We only had a shower on our first stop in Juneau before the tour started. Our best day was the day we were in Glacier Bay. The weather was absolutely perfect! It was sunny and not too cold.

Make sure you go out on deck when you're in Glacier Bay so that you can have your picture taken against this beautiful backdrop. It is absolutely breathtaking. We had a picture taken against the Johns Hopkins Glacier. The picture is printed as is and also super-imposed on a Glacier Bay/NCL Star picture. I felt bad for people that didn't go out on deck for this opportunity. I didn't hear any announcement made or see anything in the daily that they were taking pictures out there.

We ran around the ship all morning long to take it all in. There is nothing more awe inspiring than going out on the top deck and having the mountains towering over the ship.

STAR gazing in Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

NCL Star 5/30/04

Carnival Destiny 4/02

Archived