grand cayman excursions questions

MrKrinkle

Hi, going to grand cayman in may on the carnival paradise. My gf and i want to see both the turtle farm and stingray city. Ive heard alot of good things about capt marvin so i wanted to do both the island tour and the stingray city tour but unfortunately we leave too early and only can do one or the other through them. If i pick the stingray snorkeling one i will have approx. 2 hours left. Will that leave enough time to see the turtle farm on our own? Im not sure how far away the turtle farm is from where capt marvins boat docks at but ii was thinkinga maybe we could justjust take a taxi there and to the ship. Our ship is there from 7am to 1pm island time so other tours i have checked that go to both start too late.

I would not chance it. If your ship is only there until 1 pm, all aboard will probably be about 12:30 or so, maybe even earlier. With it being a tender port, I would be back at port to get on a tender a half hour prior to that!

If you really want to do both, find a ships excursion that will do both so that you know you will be back to the ship on time.

I woudn't do both in the same day given your timeframe. And, to be perfectly honest I hated the turtle farm. You see the cute, live turtles and then you go into the gift shops and see what they made of the cute, live turtles they killed. Much prefer stingray city or other activities

I woudn't do both in the same day given your timeframe. And, to be perfectly honest I hated the turtle farm. You see the cute, live turtles and then you go into the gift shops and see what they made of the cute, live turtles they killed.

Very true! Many don't understand it's a FARM ... not a Sanctuary! :rolleyes:

Hi, going to grand cayman in may on the carnival paradise. My gf and i want to see both the turtle farm and stingray city. Ive heard alot of good things about capt marvin so i wanted to do both the island tour and the stingray city tour but unfortunately we leave too early and only can do one or the other through them. If i pick the stingray snorkeling one i will have approx. 2 hours left. Will that leave enough time to see the turtle farm on our own? Im not sure how far away the turtle farm is from where capt marvins boat docks at but ii was thinkinga maybe we could justjust take a taxi there and to the ship. Our ship is there from 7am to 1pm island time so other tours i have checked that go to both start too late.

Take Carnival's shore excursion called "Stingray Encounter & Turtle Swim" because it's set up to do both the stingray sandbar and the turtle farm, and with that one you get the "Entire Park" access at the turtle farm, where you can snorkel in their sea-water lagoon where they have about ten or twelve turtles plus lots of fish swimming around. They provide the mask and snorkel. It's cool to watch turtles swimming underwater! They have it set up so that from underwater you can also see into the shark tank, and it looks like you're swimming with the sharks. You also get to see their shark tank from above, and go into their bird sanctuary, and you can swim in their big fresh-water pool that has waterfalls and a water slide.

Stingray Encounter & Turtle Swim

If that one is already booked up, there's another Carnival shore excursion called "Stingray Sandbar, Hell & Turtle Farm Experience". That one includes the turtle tanks part of the turtle farm where you can see the turtles and you can pick one up for a photo, but you don't get to swim in their lagoon etc.

Stingray Sandbar, Hell & Turtle Farm Experience

Archived