Viking River Cruises Scam

mutuelmanager1

Hi SFO-F/A,

The refund process should only take two weeks, so we would really like to look into this for you. Please send your contact information to us via tellus@vikingrivercruises.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Viking River Cruises

Thanks,

I heard from my TA today. I asked him to check into it, as it's been so long.

Viking informed him the refund was processed April 16. Sometimes it takes 2-4 weeks to show up, depending on the financial institution. I'll post when it shows on my statement.

Thanks,

I heard from my TA today. I asked him to check into it, as it's been so long.

Viking informed him the refund was processed April 16. Sometimes it takes 2-4 weeks to show up, depending on the financial institution. I'll post when it shows on my statement.

Still nothing yet.

Will email tellus@vikingrivercruises.com

Still nothing yet.

Will email tellus@vikingrivercruises.com

Dear SFO-F/A,

We looked into this for you and it appears your request for a foreign transaction fee refund was processed on April 30th. Please note that it can take up to four weeks for the refund to appear. If you have any further questions or if your refund does not post, please contact us again at TellUs@vikingrivercruises.com. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you have a great trip!

Best regards,

Viking River Cruises

Dear Viking Travelers,

We’d like to help clarify any questions or concerns regarding credit card Foreign Transaction Fees. While some credit card companies impose a Foreign Transaction Fee for Viking charges, others do not and their criterion varies. This is why we are unable to forewarn our guests about the potential fee — which occurs in only a small percentage of Viking bookings. Viking River Cruises does not benefit from these charges, and when (or if) they do occur on a U.S.-based credit card for charges made within the U.S., we reimburse the amount of the fee.

Kind regards,

Viking River Cruises

Viking,

If you mention in Bold Print that the bank you use is located in Chile, South America; (a Foreign Country), people who use Credit Cards that charge Foreign Transaction Fees would know ahead of time. How simple is that?

Viking,

If you mention in Bold Print that the bank you use is located in Chile, South America; (a Foreign Country), people who use Credit Cards that charge Foreign Transaction Fees would know ahead of time. How simple is that?

You're correct, it is easy. It also depends on the bank YOU use. Should be pretty obvious to anyone who reads the available information.

The fact that Viking is refunding the fees even though they didn't charge them and don't profit from them is pretty telling to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All credit card companies charge the vendor some percentage transaction fee.

The larger the average charge processed, the smaller the percentage taken from the vendor . It doesn't necessarily have to be "foreign" vendor.

Try paying your property tax bill with a credit card. The county will add about 3% onto the amount of the tax payment for the use of a credit card.

I just returned from Argentina and the inflation is running about 35% annually.

We had to pay our charges fr the shotgun shells we used with cash. If we used a check or a credit card a 3% fee was added. The lodge owners or merchants that accept checks lose 3% in the time it takes to get the checks from the country, to the bank, processed and deposited to their account.

I would feel very hesitant to do a bank transfer. Using a credit card with no foreign transaction fee (CapitalOne) to me is safer and if there is an issue, it is easier to file a complaint with the credit card company than with your bank account. I also would not book with a company that demands full payment more than 90 days prior to the cruise ... but then that is my position on things!

I would feel very hesitant to do a bank transfer. Using a credit card with no foreign transaction fee (CapitalOne) to me is safer and if there is an issue, it is easier to file a complaint with the credit card company than with your bank account. I also would not book with a company that demands full payment more than 90 days prior to the cruise ... but then that is my position on things!

Different strokes: We paid for Russia last year, and have already paid for Europe next year. I like the certainty of picking my accommodations particularly since the river ships are small, the fixed price for cruise and air and also the 3% discount by using the bank transfer. The same Russia trip would now be about $1500 more than I paid and very very little choice on staterooms. Oh, and no foreign transaction fees. :D

Dear SFO-F/A,

We looked into this for you and it appears your request for a foreign transaction fee refund was processed on April 30th. Please note that it can take up to four weeks for the refund to appear. If you have any further questions or if your refund does not post, please contact us again at TellUs@vikingrivercruises.com. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you have a great trip!

Best regards,

Viking River Cruises

A check for $30 arrived in the mail today.

Thank you, Viking Cruise Line, for refunding this transaction fee. :)

Archived