The Hyatt

Kjsnbrd

We will be in Grand Cayman next week and I am sooo exicited. This is the only port that we do not have a planned excursion scheduled. If you have been to the Hyatt please tell me all about it. I beleive this is where we will set up camp for the day. Is teh beach really crowded, what about the pool or the pool bar?;) Any details or tips would nbe great.- Also- Do you get towels from the Hyatt?

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. We were at the Hyatt in March, it wasn't crowded at all. Yes, you take your day pass to the towel hut, and check out towels from them, this is how security knows who has purchased a pass. Have a great time!! ps the pool is lovely. not crowded.

Here is the link to the Hyatt. I believe you go straight to the bartender and let him know you would like a daypass. He will take your card and start a tab for you. It is $35.00/person but with that you receive a chair, towel and a $15.00 credit for food and beverage. I don't think that it's a bad teal- and the pictures look great. I am looking forward to grabbing a drink at the swim up bar and hitting the beach. They also have watersport rentals.:D

Here is the link to the Hyatt. I believe you go straight to the bartender and let him know you would like a daypass. He will take your card and start a tab for you. It is $35.00/person but with that you receive a chair, towel and a $15.00 credit for food and beverage. I don't think that it's a bad teal- and the pictures look great. I am looking forward to grabbing a drink at the swim up bar and hitting the beach. They also have watersport rentals.:D

Kjsnbrd, they also have a waitress on the beach, so you won't have to exert yourself by walking back to the bar for your next cocktail!!!:p lml

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got back. We arrived in GC through the Miracle and headed straight for the Hyatt. We were there bright and early- way before the pool bar opened up. We took our seats and just acted as if we belonged. Nobody questioned us the whole day and we used ALL of their faciltities. next store was the beach club and it looked packed. We were luck to have maybe 15 people on our beach. If you go the Hyatt- Def check out Hemmingways- the food was amazing. We also went snorkeling right off the beach where I saw a sea turtle as well as a baby stingray. It was amazing. :)

I beleive there were four that day. We got there I beleive like around 8 eastern time- which was about 7 their time. It was a blast. Especially when you look over and see how packed the beach club was. There were plenty of chairs- so you could use one at the pool and/or on the beach. ;)

Archived