D+ & Suite guest on Vision - Question for recent Cruisers?

For those of you recent D+ and Suite guests on the Vision...what provisions were made for your evening cocktails? Also, is there a staff person assigned to perform duties similar to a Concierge? Thanks in advance for your replies!

On ships with no CL, usually one of the Guest Services employees acts as a "Suite Ambassador". I do not know if this employee takes the place of a Concierge, or if D+ apply to use the services.

There are several Diamond events with free wine, beer and soda, and a discount on cocktails. There is no outright free booze like on the other ships.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

On ships with no CL, usually one of the Guest Services employees acts as a "Suite Ambassador". I do not know if this employee takes the place of a Concierge, or if D+ apply to use the services.

There are several Diamond events with free wine, beer and soda, and a discount on cocktails. There is no outright free booze like on the other ships.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Thanks very much for your prompt reply!

For those of you recent D+ and Suite guests on the Vision...what provisions were made for your evening cocktails? Also, is there a staff person assigned to perform duties similar to a Concierge? Thanks in advance for your replies!

Vision will have a Nightly Diamond Event that will offer you complimentary wine, champagne and soft drinks with all other drinks being offered at 25% off their normal price. The venue will be determined by the number of D/D+/PC members on board for that particular sailing.

The ship is not scheduled to be enhanced until 2013/2014.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

I have never seen free beer at the Diamond Events. Is this offered only on the Vision or is it something new they have added fleetwide?

I have never seen free beer at the Diamond Events. Is this offered only on the Vision or is it something new they have added fleetwide?

You are correct that beer is not free at a Nightly Diamond Event. From the RCI website when doing a FAQ on Nightly Diamond Event.....

"Exclusive Nightly Diamond VIP Event will take place from approximately 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (may vary by ship and itinerary) in a bar or lounge on every ship. This event will be announced by your Loyalty Ambassador onboard in the Welcome letter to be placed in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise vacation. We will offer complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and soda fountain drinks and a 'happy hour' discount of 25 percent off beer and liquor. There is a limit of one drink per member to be served at one time".

You are correct that beer is not free at a Nightly Diamond Event. From the RCI website when doing a FAQ on Nightly Diamond Event.....

"Exclusive Nightly Diamond VIP Event will take place from approximately 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (may vary by ship and itinerary) in a bar or lounge on every ship. This event will be announced by your Loyalty Ambassador onboard in the Welcome letter to be placed in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise vacation. We will offer complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and soda fountain drinks and a 'happy hour' discount of 25 percent off beer and liquor. There is a limit of one drink per member to be served at one time".

Thankyou for the clarification. I didn't think so but we have never been on the Vision so didn't know for sure.

Here in most countries of Europe beer is considered to be almost like a soft drink, and is not really considered to be a "hard" alcoholic beverage. (Sometimes Americans who travel here are quite surprised to find beer served at McDonalds).

I was probably wrong by assuming that free beer was included together with soft drinks.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Archived