NCL's Kid crew changed program drops 2 years from included drop off program?

smeyer418

I am in receipt of the email you sent to Mr. Sheehan with your query regarding the kids program. The following is the most updated information we have to date and also I have included the copy of the website as well. http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/freestyle-family-fun/kids-crew-and-teen-crew

The complimentary drop off program on the Gem will accommodate children age 2 (based on DOB at time of sailing) – age 12.

The nursery program for children 2 and under has not been implemented at this time.

The Under 2 Zoo Program, parent interactive program, is also being offered if you wish to utilize that program as well. This is a complimentary program but parents are required to attend.

Thank you for inquiry and we appreciate your patronage.

From NCL...what exactly will be the "nursery" will await tomorrows email from NCL...

I am in receipt of the email you sent to Mr. Sheehan with your query regarding the kids program. The following is the most updated information we have to date and also I have included the copy of the website as well. http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/freestyle-family-fun/kids-crew-and-teen-crew

The complimentary drop off program on the Gem will accommodate children age 2 (based on DOB at time of sailing) – age 12.

The nursery program for children 2 and under has not been implemented at this time.

The Under 2 Zoo Program, parent interactive program, is also being offered if you wish to utilize that program as well. This is a complimentary program but parents are required to attend.

Thank you for inquiry and we appreciate your patronage.

From NCL...what exactly will be the "nursery" will await tomorrows email from NCL...

Looks like you got the same answer as me when I contacted NCL. Glad to know the 6m-2yr progam hasn't started yet on the Gem. Maybe they are receiving a lot of complaints and are rethinking the program. I wonder if my daughter will be able to also play with my grandson in the under 2 zoo.

Looks like you got the same answer as me when I contacted NCL. Glad to know the 6m-2yr progam hasn't started yet on the Gem. Maybe they are receiving a lot of complaints and are rethinking the program. I wonder if my daughter will be able to also play with my grandson in the under 2 zoo.

they don't supervise it at all...bring in anyone you want.

If the guest has a 2 year old (based on DOB at time of sailing) –12 year old, the child will be accepted in our complimentary drop off program Splash Academy.

The Under 2 Zoo Program which is a parent interactive program (not a drop off) is also being offered if the guest wants to utilize that program as well. This is a complimentary program but parents are required to attend.

There is additional "new info" on the NCL website added today - under Family Cruising. There is a new section added, Youth Program FAQs. Under the fifth paragraph "What If My Child Is In Diapers", there is a statement that "At this time, we will still allow two years olds into our program". All other sections read dropoff programs for 3 - 5 year olds. Very interesting, don't you think? Now what do they mean by "at this time"? The time frame could mean anything at this point. We need assurances that on our particular cruise they will allow these almost three years olds into the 3 - 5 yo drop off program. It implies to me that it could be changed at any time - tomorrow, next week, next month and the almost threes are still left out.

If you are following this (7 page) thread on the NCL board there was a PCC from NCL that posted that 2 year olds will be accepted into the program with 3 year olds for THIS year (subject to change) and NEXT year they will not be.

I hope either NCL creates a nursery or rethinks this policy for 2013.

If you are following this (7 page) thread on the NCL board there was a PCC from NCL that posted that 2 year olds will be accepted into the program with 3 year olds for THIS year (subject to change) and NEXT year they will not be.

I hope either NCL creates a nursery or rethinks this policy for 2013.

I had an email from NCL with the latitudes magazine, and this is exactly what I found once I followed enough of the links.

Here's the source: http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/freestyle-family-fun/kids-crew-and-teen-crew/faq

Click on the tab that says "What if my child is in diapers?"

I had an email from NCL with the latitudes magazine' date=' and this is exactly what I found once I followed enough of the links.

Here's the source: http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/freestyle-family-fun/kids-crew-and-teen-crew/faq

Click on the tab that says "What if my child is in diapers?"[/quote']

Yeah it's what NJ Johnny was talking about a couple of posts above. He noticed it first - but I don't know if they have revised it since he originally posted back on March 29

WHAT IF MY CHILD IS IN DIAPERS?

Although our new age groups begin at three years old, at this time we will still allow two years olds into our program. However, if your child is in diapers, Norwegian Youth Staff are not able to change diapers or pull-ups; therefore we give you a beeper or handy phone to alert you to do the duty. Beepers and handy phones do not work ashore, so at least one parent will have to stay on board when their children are in our Youth Program.

Looks like they are getting some backlash from parents of 2 year-olds and doing some crisis management. I too hope they institute a nursery. The more family friendly, the better! Carnival needs to get on the ball too. The limited hours for under 2 is ridiculous.

Anyone back from the latest Gem cruise with any additional info regarding the implementation of the New Kids Club and whether the 2 - 3 years olds are still accepted with the 3 - 5 year old group. I'm still very concerned about the wording "at this time" in the new NCL FAQs section on NCL's website ( Family Cruising - New Youth Program). Hoping for some official word from NCL of what length of time they will still be accepted, as "at this time" could mean anything. As I stated in another post, we all need something official in writing for our cruises.

Today I spoke with someone "in-charge" at NCL and this is what I got:

1. The 2yo will still be accepted into the 3-5 program - but only until the end of this year (2012) because the "Nursery" drop-off program is not yet fully operational for this year (but will be by 2013). The goal is to create a more "Nursery-style" environment for 2yo who still need more support and who, during organized play, are unable to keep up with 5yo's.

2. There is an Under 2 Zoo Program for Kids under 2 with parent. It is an interactive "arts & craft" program that is not drop-off.

3. They will be sending out a "grandfathered" type email that will apply for this year's cruisers; which should contain more information regarding the changes. If you don't get one, I suggest you contact NCL.

4. There will be a daily 2hr Program Closure for the 2-5yo's as part of the New Youth Program.

5. The Late Night Program will still operate for the 2-12 yo's at a Fee Basis. I believe that later it will start at the age 3 it currently states on the website.

What it all boils down to is that they are still accepting 2yo's into the 3-5yo program until they have fully implemented everything fleetwide. So, even though the GEM is already in the program, they will accept the 2yo.

Hope this helps!

I posted this somewhere else, but this is the response I received from NCL:

1. The 2yo will still be accepted into the Program but only until the end of 2012 when the changes will be fully implemented fleetwide. The are looking to have a "Nursery" option for the 2yo which is still not fully operational, which is why they are still including them into the 3-5 age group.

2. An email will be sent out (dunno when) explaining that they are "grandfathering" for this year only - as they understand that a lot of people booked on the premise that 2yo were part of a Drop-off Program.

3. There is an Under 2 Zoo program with Parents - an organized arts & craft - which is New.

4. The Ship's Activity Supervisor is aware of the inclusion of 2yo for this year - despite the changes that are currently on the website. They have already made the website changes as a lot of people book 1yr in advance of crusing. So it is important to know that starting 2013 everything will be as strictly depicted on the website with the inclusion of Nursery style system and potentially a fee based babysitting program for smaller children.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

We just got off the Sky last week and they will accept 2 year olds, but they better be on their best behavior. We had a little one who was turned away twice because she was missing her mommy. She was sad but it was going to go away the minute she got in there with her sister and the other kids. Having read this thread before we left I realized they're probably phasing in the new 3+ policy.

Anyway, just a heads up that they seem to be looking for excuses to turn away the younger kids. I've uploaded the Kid's Club programs from the Sky if anyone is interested in them http://www.lockerhunt.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=803&Itemid=13

• 1 month later...

Any news on the "grandfathering" email that is supposed to be sent out? We're travelling in December and want to make sure before final payment is due that our 2 year old twins will be allowed in the kids club.

• 4 weeks later...

Any recent updates? I posted over on the NCL boards concerning this but would like to hear back from anyone who has sailed with a 2 year-old. Booked the Pearl for this Dec and was told 2 year olds are allowed until the first of the year...it's either the NCL Pearl or a Carnival cruise for our vacation, so the kids club is a deal breaker!! (CCL will accept 2 year olds).

we are going on the epic in nov on the ncl website it says they are still accepting 2yr olds into the program at this time. im keeping everything crossed that it still is when we go as this is the only reason we have booked this cruise as wanted a few meals by ourselves

We just got off the Sky last week and they will accept 2 year olds, but they better be on their best behavior. We had a little one who was turned away twice because she was missing her mommy. She was sad but it was going to go away the minute she got in there with her sister and the other kids. Having read this thread before we left I realized they're probably phasing in the new 3+ policy.

Anyway, just a heads up that they seem to be looking for excuses to turn away the younger kids. I've uploaded the Kid's Club programs from the Sky if anyone is interested in them http://www.lockerhunt.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=803&Itemid=13

I don't if this is new I have had at least 3 parents tell me that they were asked to not leave their child or paged to pick them up within 5 mins of drop off and told they couldn't leave them if they were crying. Their children were 3 or 4 at the time but just take a few mins to warm up and then they are fine.

Archived