Hotels in the La Romana/Bayahibe/Punta Cana area that allow day use?

jimbug

Does anyone know of any resort hotels in the La Romana/Bayahibe area (possibly even as far as Punta Cana) that allow cruise passengers to purchase a day use pass (or just use the facilities anyway)? We'd like to purchase spa services, lunch and some drinks, and possibly arrange for some sort of snorkel or ATV excursion while there. I've been looking into the Sunscape Casa del Mar in Bayahibe, but their emails bounce back and no one answers at the phone number. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Okay, so I can answer my own question. I finally got a hold of the Sunscape Casa del Mar. Denise, the concierge, sent me a very nice email, and explained that they DO offer a day pass for $60US. This includes facility use, food, beverage, and water activities. Spa services would be extra. I did also find out that a company called Scuba Caribe (I believe website is http://www.scubacaribe.com) offers scuba and snorkeling excursions based out of this hotel. We will probably be using them for our trip to La Romana on the MSC Opera.

I also have an email in to the Iberostar Hacienda Dominica, but they do not have a spa, so I am probably not as interested in them, unless they allow us there for free (we pay for our own food/drink).

Archived