Waited too late--turtle snorkeling cruise?

AMAC86

I am cruising in less than 3 weeks, and a couple of catamaran turtle snorkel cruises I've contacted have already booked up. What are some names of other reputable businesses that do this in Barbados?

Is it possible just to hop on a boat without a reservation?

I saw that Celebrity has a snorkeling/shipwreck/turtles excursion for $70/PP. It's about the same price as the others, but is the experience any worse than the ones booked privately?

It's likely similar to what you'd get booking privately. About the only difference might be the size of your group.

Most of these tours hit the same spots - Carlisle Bay for the wrecks, Payne's Bay for turtles. Sometimes they just stay in Carlisle for the turtles. If it's a lunch cruise they'll stop either at Payne's or Batt's Rock for lunch and a swim...

Cheers, P:)

As stated above, the difference will likely be in the size of the group. I researched a lot of the private tours before our Princess cruise, and decided to go with the half day Princess excursion because I thought the price was better, it was only $49.00 (no shipwrecks or lunch, but included rum punch and a snack). I'm sure our group was quite a bit larger than the private excursions, but that didn't bother me or make or break my experience, it was still great, and because it was an afternoon excursion and our ship sailed pretty early that day, I was assured the ship wouldn't sail without me.

I am cruising in less than 3 weeks, and a couple of catamaran turtle snorkel cruises I've contacted have already booked up. What are some names of other reputable businesses that do this in Barbados?

Is it possible just to hop on a boat without a reservation?

if everything you are finding is already booked, you wont be able to find a tour once you are there, no way. We have had luck booking last minute with http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/

Definitely sort out a reservation now, or you will be disappointed once you get there.

• 2 weeks later...
if everything you are finding is already booked, you wont be able to find a tour once you are there, no way. We have had luck booking last minute with http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/

Definitely sort out a reservation now, or you will be disappointed once you get there.

It seems that the reservation I booked mentions NOTHING about turtles, which is what I really wanted to do. Why do they have a sea turtle on the image of the excursion???

This four hour adventure has some of the best highlights Barbados has to offer. Non-stop action from beginning to end, it is a great way to discover Barbados.

You will enjoy a snorkel experience on a boat and an exploration of the island's beauty in a convoy of specially rigged 4x4 vehicles. Snorkel over a shallow shipwreck, where you can view tropical fish so tame you can feed them by hand. Swim in a secluded bay and enjoy the complimentary drinks as you enjoy superb cruising aboard this boat. The complimentary alcoholic beverages will be served after the snorkeling.

You will then discover the natural beauty of Barbados hidden in the countryside and away from the normal tourist areas. Your driver will take you into the interior of Barbados which, for the most part, is inaccessible to other forms of transport. The convoy will wind its way through the greenery of sugar cane fields, Apes Hill and Russia Gully in the Highlands, from where you will witness a breathtaking view of the Atlantic surf pounding the coastline. Then, the convoy takes you off-road again for exciting thrills travelling downhill into Cattlewash, all the while viewing miles of beach and beautiful coastline on the East Coast. The emphasis is on fun, but the drivers give a continuous commentary on the history, culture, and folklore of Barbados. You will drive through Holetown, where the first settlers landed in 1627 and have the opportunity to view many of the West Coast mansions before returning to your ship. To avoid congestion, tour may be operated in reverse. Guests are required to wear a snorkel vest at all times while in the water.

If you're still in doubt about the excursion you booked, try contacting one of the catamaran tour companies and see if you can book something geared specifically towards seeing the turtles.

There are a ton of companies offering "swim with turtles" booze cruise packages.

Here are a few places you can try:

Silver Moon

Shasa

Cool Runnings

Calabaza

Elegance

Why Not

Ocean Adventures

Wasn't Me

Small Cats Cruises

Ocean Mist

Jammin'

Tiami

Good Times Barbados

El Tigre Cruises

Thriller Turtle & Shipwreck Snorkel

Jolly Roger

You can also check out these websites:

http://barbados.org/sailtour.htm

http://www.funbarbados.com/tours/

http://barbados.org/tours/barbados_sea_tours.htm

If you're still in doubt about the excursion you booked, try contacting one of the catamaran tour companies and see if you can book something geared specifically towards seeing the turtles.

There are a ton of companies offering "swim with turtles" booze cruise packages.

Here are a few places you can try:

Silver Moon

Shasa

Cool Runnings

Calabaza

Elegance

Why Not

Ocean Adventures

Wasn't Me

Small Cats Cruises

Ocean Mist

Jammin'

Tiami

Good Times Barbados

El Tigre Cruises

Thriller Turtle & Shipwreck Snorkel

Jolly Roger

You can also check out these websites:

http://barbados.org/sailtour.htm

http://www.funbarbados.com/tours/

http://barbados.org/tours/barbados_sea_tours.htm

Thanks for the info.

FYI for anyone who is looking for something, Silvermoon apparently had a charter cancel so they are starting a new 12 person deluxe cruise. We are the first two people to book, and they need 6 minimum to sail.

Thanks for the info.

FYI for anyone who is looking for something, Silvermoon apparently had a charter cancel so they are starting a new 12 person deluxe cruise. We are the first two people to book, and they need 6 minimum to sail.

So you booked with Silvermoon? I have heard nothing but excellent reviews about them. I do suggest you post this info in your roll call, as others on your cruise may be interested. Good luck and have fun!

We went with Shasa a couple weeks ago and were very pleased. Small catamaran and only 11 people. The ship tour boats were crowded. I actually got photos with turtles eating a foot away as a guide was hand feeding them. Phenomenal.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

Would like to know how the Silver moon cat tour is. We are three adult women and want to know if this is over run with kids or not. I am thinking of booking this tour for our trip in September. Any recomendations? Also, there is a resort in Barbados you can get a day pass for that looks amazing. Anyone done this?

want to know if this is over run with kids or not.

I have been on several cat booz cruises and I've never been on one where there were A LOT of kids. Some kids, yes, but certainly not overrun...

Also, there is a resort in Barbados you can get a day pass for that looks amazing. Anyone done this?

You might be thinking of the Hilton, on the south end of Carlisle Bay.

want to know if this is over run with kids or not.

I have been on several cat booze cruises and I've never been on one where there were A LOT of kids. Some kids, yes, but certainly not overrun...

Also, there is a resort in Barbados you can get a day pass for that looks amazing. Anyone done this?

You might be thinking of the Hilton, on the south end of Carlisle Bay.

Archived