Labadee Cabanas questions

cre8fmom

What beach did you book it at? That seems to be the confusion - Barefoot Beach can not be book until you board the ship.

Nellies you book online in the shore excursion section for Labadee, Barefoot if booked through the concierge however if your booked at Nellies you have full access to Barefoots private beach area. We booked a hillside at Nellies which is on top of the small peninsula that separates the two beaches. QTMichele had relatives stay in one of these and they used Barefoot exclusively as it was more convenient for those cabanas.

BonVoyage

Dawna

More than likely - they were sold out well in advance on our cruise. We just were at Labadee last week and had an over the water cabana at Nellie`s Beach. Can`t even begin to say how much we loved it! We are spoiled for all future cruises...

We had been told that they assign the cabanas based on when you get there, so we were waiting to get off the ship as soon as they allowed us to leave. However, when we got to Labadee and met up with the person responsible for the cabanas we saw that they had a list of all the cabanas with names already assigned.

We were fortunate enough to have been given NW4 on Nellie`s Beach, which was right over the water. It had an incredible view, and we had our family of four there for the day. Closest thing to paradise that I can think of. We brought out ipod and speakers for some quiet music as well. We had a ladder that went down into the water from the front of the cabana as well as stairs down to the beach off the back. We were in and out of the water all day...

As someone else on this thread has already said, they had to practically drag us out of there at the end of the afternoon. We had bottled water, towels, two floating mats provided by our attendant, and access to the upgraded buffet at Barefoot Beach next door. There were no line-ups there and the food was very good - try the jerk chicken... Your attendant will bring you drinks if you wish. We tipped him at the end of the day.

My husband has already agreed that all future cruises will include Labadee and a cabana!!

Hope that all who have reserved cabanas enjoy theirs as much as we did ours.

MouseGirl

Thanks for that info, MouseGirl.

From the information I was seeing, I didn't know if the cabanas at Nellies Beach were really over the water. I thought they were just waterfront.

I'm extremely excited ... But I have so long to go! Lol

What beach did you book it at? That seems to be the confusion - Barefoot Beach can not be book until you board the ship.

Indeed, you can book prior to sailing for Barefoot Beach although if you call them they will tell you that you can't. We booked ours in advance by emailing the concierge direct, and we specified our specific cabana. He emailed us back a confirmation of the booking. They also will not give you the concierge's email if you call. Fortunately, the good people at CC know everything and more.

Indeed, you can book prior to sailing for Barefoot Beach although if you call them they will tell you that you can't. We booked ours in advance by emailing the concierge direct, and we specified our specific cabana. He emailed us back a confirmation of the booking. They also will not give you the concierge's email if you call. Fortunately, the good people at CC know everything and more.

This is exactly what we want to do. How far out did you e-mail the concierge?

I have heard to wait till the cruise just prior to the one you will be on.

We had a over the water cabana at barefoot 2 years ago, and loved it. we did not pre-book, we were lucky and was offered to us when we showed up. I doubt that will happen now, they have become very popular.

Here is a video link for barefoot Beach:

This is exactly what we want to do. How far out did you e-mail the concierge?

I have heard to wait till the cruise just prior to the one you will be on.

We had a over the water cabana at barefoot 2 years ago, and loved it. we did not pre-book, we were lucky and was offered to us when we showed up. I doubt that will happen now, they have become very popular.

Here is a video link for barefoot Beach:

I originally emailed him about a month out, and he asked if I could email him two weeks prior to sailing. I did so, he booked the exact cabana we requested and sent me a confirmation email of the booking.

I originally emailed him about a month out, and he asked if I could email him two weeks prior to sailing. I did so, he booked the exact cabana we requested and sent me a confirmation email of the booking.

Thanks...I think I'll do the same....first attempt 1 month, just to see what happens, but probably 2 weeks sounds better.

Thanks...I think I'll do the same....first attempt 1 month, just to see what happens, but probably 2 weeks sounds better.

I hope you get the one you want! they are fantastic treat to enjoy for the day. I look forward to returning to book ours again someday!

• 3 weeks later...

We are two families of 5 (10 of us) but we only want to rent one cabana. 6 people are going snorkling till 11:30 and then some on the coaster I dont think the 10 of us will really ever be in there at the same time. Do you think it is ok to have this many people? I know the moms would love one. Thanks

We are two families of 5 (10 of us) but we only want to rent one cabana. 6 people are going snorkling till 11:30 and then some on the coaster I dont think the 10 of us will really ever be in there at the same time. Do you think it is ok to have this many people? I know the moms would love one. Thanks

I'm wondering the same thing.

I can't speak from experience, but from what I've read here I think the area for the cabanas is roped off and you need a wristband to enter. I believe they limit them to 6 per cabana.

Totally worth it to get a cabana, but book it before your cruise as they sell out. No lines for lunch and our lovely waiter brought us cold drinks, floaties, and towels. Plus, when split between us (there were 5 of us) it was very economical and so worth it!

Cabana's at Barefoot Beach are reserved for suite guests and then Pinnacle and then Diamond Plus. Yes they are wonderful, for the standard - the cooler holds 3 bottles of large Evian Water, two lounges chairs. Additionally, chairs can be brought over. We were 3 and it was perfect.

I would like to get a cabana for my mom and I, but we are in a junior suite so do not qualify for the ones at barefoot beach - but I think I can get one at Nellies beach - does anybody know when I can reserve that?? (our cruise isn't until feb 1st) Thanks!!:)

I would like to get a cabana for my mom and I, but we are in a junior suite so do not qualify for the ones at barefoot beach - but I think I can get one at Nellies beach - does anybody know when I can reserve that?? (our cruise isn't until feb 1st) Thanks!!:)

You can reserve them right away under land excursions. These are for cabanas on Nellie's Beach. They go very quickly so if you see them available you need to book it right away. It cost me $175.

Fred

Which beach is nicer, Nellies or Barefoot? Can anyone tell me how to reach the concierge on the Explorer?

It looks like the cabanas on Barefoot are above the water and the cabanas on Nellies are on the beach, is this true? I assume Nellies is open to all and Barefoot is a private beach?

Thanks for any info

We had reserved a hillside cabana for Nellies Beach. You check in at Barefoot Beach for all the cabanas. They have a list with your name on it and you are already assigned a cabana. He had H6. Our attendant asked if we would like to have two lounge chairs and we said of course. He told us to meet him at the bottom and pointed to Barefoot Beach. There were our lounge chairs and two flooting mats. The lunch buffet will be at Barefoot Beach if you reserve a cabana on Nellies Beach.

We had a great view and a great day. Our cabana attendant was very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Yes, we did tip him.

It looks like the cabanas on Barefoot are above the water and the cabanas on Nellies are on the beach, is this true?

Thanks for any info

We have a cabana booked for Nellies in July and the description (and the photos) show the cabana, at least the one we reserved, "over" the water and not on the beach.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived