Price drops on aft wraps?

newzandile

Considering booking an aft wrap for our family cruise next spring break (2013), if I did it would definitely be a splurge. It occurs to me that, with only 6 aft wraps on the whole ship and the probability they will sell out quickly (there are currently still 5 available though) that I should not hold my breath on getting ES price drops.

Is that a fair assessment? If I want price drops and OBC I should stick with a standard balcony right?

Thanks for the input!

Yep, fair to assume. We usually book and aft wrap and have only had one drop. Only way to get one would be for a higher category cabin to drop below what you paid. It is still worth it to us for the aft wrap!

We have an aft wrap booked for our upcoming cruise. Had one $60pp price drop, but now they are all booked. Have been for a little over a month. I think we were lucky to get that one drop and they probably book up faster then that. I keep checking back in the event someone upgrades out of it, but I don't expect it.

I had 4228 (Aft Wrap Suite) on the Miracle last September and it dropped a few times. I had a couple hundred knocked off the price. I was surprised, but it does happen.

I have the same cabin on the Spirit to Hawaii in two weeks. That one more then doubled in price since I booked it.

We booked an aft wrap last November for this upcoming cruise for Thanksgiving. Since then I had one price drop for $10 pp. As of right now there is only 1 aft wrap left to book.

Not only look at aft wrap price to see if it dropped, but also look at Suites, the next catagory higher from an aft wrap (at least on my ship). If the suites drop, you could always upgrade from your wrap, although I, personally, would never upgrade to a suite from a wrap. :) Maybe they'll give me OBC, I don't know. I'm not expecting any more price drops because we are sailing during a holiday week.

The aft wrap we have booked on the Liberty continues to go up in price ($200 more so far). But the standard balcony cabins others booked on the same cruise aren't dropping in price either; they're up in price as well. You can't predict this sort of thing very easily, as its all about supply & demand.

I say book that aft wrap & don't look back!! :D

I'm thinking a little bit of the equation is the intinerary. We had an aft-wrap to Alaska 2 years ago and will have another one this summer. Both on the Carnival Spirit. I watched those prices like a hawk and there was never a price drop. That category sold out months before the sail date and the price had increased during that time. I did see one come back for availabilty-somebody cancelled I guess-but it was snapped up in a day and the price was more than we paid for ours. It is always worth a try so keep checking, but I'm not seeing any price drops for Alaskan aft-wraps.

We had an aft wrap on Carnival Dream in October last year and when we got home I started looking at Spirit for Alaska with another one. None were available. A couple of days later we saw one pop up as available so we booked. We didn't expect any price drops as it was the only one. A couple of months later one opened up on deck 5 at the same price we paid, then a few days later the price dropped $160. I sent it the form and got the price reduction within a week. Totally surprised!

We had an aft-wrap booked for our 6/16 sailing on the Freedom, I kept calling for rate drops, but there were none because all the cabins were booked. So I asked if there were any upgrades and I was aboe to upgrade to a suite for $10.00 per person. I was really looking foward to the wrap, but my DW loved it when we were able to get the upgrade to the suite and we now have VIP status. As long as she is happy then I am happy. Looking foward to the cruise.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

The price drop really depends on when the cruise is. Usually when the kids are out of school you will find very few price drops. Aft-wraps are very coveted and unless there is something better, you will not see any price drops. On the Spirit class ships, the aft-wraps are suites with VIP status. Have had the same aft-wrap on the Miracle the past four years and again in July and December, and have yet to see any price drop!

Last 5 cruises we have booked aft wrap - either the suite version on Spirit class or the non-suite version on other classes. Our 12/11 Destiny cruise, we noticed the suite price dropped below our aft wrap.Called and asked for onboard credit and we were told we'd have to book a suite to get it. Easy decision for us, all still good but with tub and VIP status AND $100 credit! That is the only time we've seen aft wrap's lowered or lower- than-a-suite pricing.

My husband and I, first time Carnival cruisers, booked an Aft Wrap (9C for the August 19th Sailing) on January 5th 2012. Since then, I have faithfully watched ES price reductions daily. Originally booked at $1139pp/$2278 per cabin. I've kept a written diary of price drops. Last price drop confirmed 3-23-12 $999pp/$1998 cabin. $280 price reduction for our cabin.

:-)

Archived