Just off the Glory

katiepe

Just back from our Glory Cruise.

Will post a review but meanwhile if anyone has any questions..

A couple of things to note..

Grand Cayman Tender..

CHAOS..Thought some cruisers were going to exchange blows..there was yelling back and forth for sure.

We got to the line at 915am for a disembark at 1000am and only got to deck two for the end of line which started on Deck Zero. Took us Two hours to get to the port. No exaggeration. And we were the ONLY ship in port.

We missed our private excursion as did several others. Have a fall back plan. Go directly to the big booth in the middle of the port area and book an independent one right away.

Carnival needs to do this much much better and telling people who have stood on stairways waiting that "1000 people have gotten off the ship" when we moved 5 steps-literally- doesnt help at all! We figured they all jumped overboard;)

Also to those 7 "platinum" cruisers who were led by/through us by a crew member-we really didnt care how many cruises you had been on at that point..thought you were lucky for sure but try not to rub it in next time. There were lots of Platinum cruisers with us waiting not so patiently in line..

To those Queue Jumpers-and you know who you are-Shame on You.

Costa Maya..missed it- too windy..too bad but safety first as my grandson said.

Roatan..made it..gorgeous Tabayana Beach..going back for a land vacation.

Cozumel..Chankanaab Park..Royal Swim so worth it..however dont wait to get there. We took our time and ended up with no chairs. Our mistake. Thought the park didnt open until 9am and had no idea the chairs would be so limited.

Thank you for posting your experience. We were diverted to Cozumel and missed Grand Cayman; maybe I should be glad we didn't have to go through an ordeal like you had tendering. Waiting endlessly in line is terrible and I can just imagine the PAX cutting in line; there is always people that need to get over.

Can the men wear nice shorts and a nice golf shirt on the nights that are not the formal nights?? I am planning on just pants, shirt and tie for the two formal nights. Anything you wished you packed and didn't?? or packed and shouldn't have?? We are leaving Sunday and I am in the throngs of packing right now.

Can the men wear nice shorts and a nice golf shirt on the nights that are not the formal nights?? I am planning on just pants, shirt and tie for the two formal nights. Anything you wished you packed and didn't?? or packed and shouldn't have?? We are leaving Sunday and I am in the throngs of packing right now.

Golf/polo shirts and Dockers/Bermuda dress shorts are fine for non-elegant nights in the MDR. Definitely flys with CCLs relaxed dress code.

With regard to the dress code. I must admit to being surprised at how casual but yet nicely dressed everyone was.

Even at the steakhouse there were men in dress shorts and Hawaiian type shirts.

I didnt see anyone in tattered clothes or bathrobes or any of the other "inappropriate" attire I have read about here. Some did wear jeans as well.

Formal nights had some in suits but most in shirt sleeves. The ladies were all lovely whether in long or short dresses or dress pants.

I packed too many clothes for the first time ever. I spent all the sea days in a bathing suit and used a cover up when necessary so had too many "casual" type outfits.

Same with my husband. He did wish he had taken another pair of lighter dressier type pants but again didnt need all the shorts he took. We were both glad we had extra bathing suits.

Take a luggage belt or something to hold your towel down on the lido deck chairs it seemed particularily windy our week.

Also try and do the steakhouse. Fabulous food and excellent service.

Archived