Rowan water sports

Lmb3653

• 2 weeks later...

We used them last week. We booked the sting ray tour / Island tour. Our sting ray tour wasnt full, so they combined people from another tour with ours. When we got to the dock, there wasn't enough room on Rowan's boat, since there were people from another tour who took our spot. At the dock, we ended up going on a different boat with Big Chris. There were 10 of us on big Chris's boat. Chris's boat was considerably smaller than Rowan's Watersport boat, but it was nice being with a smaller group. Big Chris was awesome, and I'd recommend him. He was very friendly and helpful. Great guy. I was initially upset that people from another tour got on Rowan's boat, but I think we made out going with Big Chris. The stingray tour returned to the port at 12:30 Island time, and our last tender back to the ship was at 2:00 island time. We had 6 people booked for the island tour, but 2 people from our group backed out, because they didnt think there was enough time. Rowan assured us that there was enough time, and we would be back to the port before the final tender. We decided to trust Rowans judgement, since I wanted to see the turtle farm, and my wife wanted to go to hell. We were nervous, but we trusted Rowan. Rowan's bus/van was full, and we thought everyone was on the tour. We drove a few miles, and Rowan dropped off everyone on the bus, except for the four of us on our tour. I was both relieved and upset. I was relieved that we were the only ones on the tour, and we could cut the tour short if we ran late, but I was also upset that we had a tour booked, and Rowan cut into our time by dropping off people to a different excursion. After we dropped off the people to their excursion, we made our way to the turtle farm. Rowan. dropped us off at the turtle farm, and told us to wait for him while he parked the van. We rushed our way thru the turtle farm. It was rushed, but it was still a cool experience. I wish we had more time. after seeing the turtles, Rowan took us across the street to see the dolphins. It was now 1:30, and Rowan assured us we still had time to finish the tour. We stayed in the dolphin encounter for a few minutes. I wish we had more time to see the dolphins. There were people swimming with the dolphins, and we would have loved to do it, but there wasnt enough time. After we left the dolphins, Rowan assured us here would be enough time to go to Hell. We were very nervous, and we were sure we didnt have enough time. It was 1:35 island time, and we didnt want to take any chances, so we told Rowan to take us back to the port. He assured us there was enough time. We didnt agree, so he took us back to the port. There was traffic getting back to the port, and he got us back to the port at 1:50, and the last tender was at 2:00. This was too close for us, and we would have missed the last tender if we listened to Rowan and went to Hell. I was very upset that Rowan tried to complete the island tour, even though we didn't have enough time. I felt he was more interested in getting $15.00 extra from each of us for the island tour, opposed to making sure we got back to the ship in time. I was also upset that he took time away from our tour so he could transport people for other excursions. The stingray tour / snorkling with Big Chris was awesome. The rest of the tour was too stressful. I recommend either going on the stingray/snorkling tour or the island tour, but not both.

• 1 month later...

I used Rowan last year and everything went fine. We were put in with another group which I had no problem with, and we got to do stingray city and snorkeling a little ways away from there. Everything went smooth and they dropped us off at the beach as requested and had plenty of time to relax and try some Cayman beer. I will be using Rowan again in September when we set sail with some virgin cruisers.

Archived