Carnival Victory Mar 18 - 25th

suevp

Had a wonderful time on the Victory.

Sailed from San Juan Mar 18th. After leaving the ship Mar 25th I noticed that I had left my watch in my stateroom. My DH had bought it for me in St. Thomas. I went back to the ship to talk to customer service. She would not allow me back on to check my room, nor would she send a Carnival employee to check the room for me. She had me stay in a lounge while she called housekeeping to see if anyone had turned in a watch. After about an hour, and after passengers for the next cruise had started boarding, she came back and said that the room could not be checked because the next passenger was already in the room. Not exactly helpful....

I know that this is due to my carelessness, and can only hope that the steward or the next occupants of the room I was in will be kind enough to contact me if they find my watch.

Finders keepers. I forgot a pair of pants and a belt but it's my fault. Don't expect to see them again.

a little rude there. to the OP, true, as you mentioned, you forgot. I hope too that someone will turn it in for you. Make sure you contact Carnival with the details of your encounter and forgotten watch. I work for a motel and it is amazing how many ppl will leave things behind. Even before I worked here (11yrs now) after everthing is pack and ready to head out, i do another double check of everything, drawers, closets,safes.

hope it works out for you

I hope that you get your watch back. When we got on the Glory last year there were some clothes left behind in my cabin and I gave them to the room steward. I found them right after getting into our cabin and moved quickly in hopes that Carnival could let the last guest know. I hope most people would be honest and considerate enough to turn your watch in. Good luck!

OP - Likely a security issue once you've gone thru customs that prevents re-entering the ship.

If you have the receipt, might want to check with either your trip insurance policy or homeowners to see if they'd cover it. Did you take names at the port of the person who handled this - very poorly imo. If you haven't done so, write a letter of complaint as specific as possible,along with copy of receipt to carnival headquarters on the off chance they might offer an OBC for future cruise.

Good luck

Good Luck! I have had 2 friends that have left stuff behind on cruises and never was returned. Not sure if it is the finders keepers mentality or what. On the other hand, we have left things behind in hotels before and they have been nice enough to sent it to us postage paid! Did you by chance charge it to your Visa Card? They used to have a lost or stolen policy attached. Maybe call them. ;)

Archived