Celiac and dining

I need a little help from you all. We have first time cruisers going with my family on the Freedom in August. Their 3 year old has celiacs as well as being lactose intolerant. Have any of you had any experience with special dietary needs like this? Also, what is the email address where I should send this request for special meals? Since they are first-timers, I really want them to have fun! Thanks all.

I need a little help from you all. We have first time cruisers going with my family on the Freedom in August. Their 3 year old has celiacs as well as being lactose intolerant. Have any of you had any experience with special dietary needs like this? Also, what is the email address where I should send this request for special meals? Since they are first-timers, I really want them to have fun! Thanks all.

Do not have Celiac , but there has been much posted on this forum . Did a search for you of threads posted on this forum that contain some reference to Celiac that may be helpful. Here's the link for all the threads containing some reference to Celiac.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=29681349

Here's the information to RCCL's Special needs department

Phone (voice) (866) 592-7225

fax (954) 628-9622

e-mail special_needs@rccl.com

Contact special needs. The specifics are on RCCL's website. RCCL is very good about dietary restrictions, allergies, etc. I have a life threatening food allergy and feel safe and satisfied with my food choices when cruising this line which is not always the case when vacationing unfortunately.

I have a friend who cruises with us and was DX last year as Celiac. She too is satisfied with the menu and choices and feels safe with the gluten-free choices. The first day in the dining room the waiter is usually already aware of the issue.

On our Rhapsody cruise last month a tablemate required a gluten free diet and at dessert time each evening the waiter showed her next evening's menu and she selected what she could have and discussed possible substitutions where needed so everything would go smoothly the next evening. Even MDR lunch waiters knew what was gluten free and were able to help with selections. The waiters encountered seemed pretty well versed on the topic and she had no problems over the 2 weeks. I don't know if she was fortunate or if RCI has trained them in the topic. I did notice Windjammer had gluten free labelled dessert items daily. I never inquired, but I imagine the woman had contacted RCI prior to cruise as has been advised here.

Archived