Best western

brianwood

My husband and I will be travelling to Rome July 5th. We plan to stay a few days in Rome and then pick up the RCI Western Mediterranean cruise.

I've booked the Best Western Piccadilly - the rates are super - $89 Euros a night!

Has anyone stayed there? Just wondering how close everything is - seems

not too far from the Forum etc. :)

That would not be my first choice of areas...... it is quite south of the main historic area and is about a 20 minute walk to the Coliseum/Forum. From there you continue on up to the other main sites : Pantheon, Piazza Navonna, Trevi, Campo di Fiori, Spanish steps, Castel St. Angelo and the Vatican...... lots and lots of walking.

That is a good price for Rome, but bear in mind their *star* rating system is somewhat different than ours. 3 * is ok as long as it is clean.

Did you check Tripadvisor reviews ? also click not the Google map there also to get a good idea of where it is in relation to the "sights".

It looks to be about a 1.5 mile walk to the Colosseum, which isn't bad if you want to walk it. I don't know that neighborhood. But with limited time, I would guess your best plan would be to become familiar with how to use the Metro and ride it from either the San Giovanni or Re di Roma stops closer to your desired destinations. Or perhaps there is a bus line nearby that does the same. It is a great rate. So hopefully the hotel is decent and in a decent neighborhood. I can't comment on either.

Best Western is not quite the same in Europe as it is in the States. I think it is much better! All hotels have to maintain a certain quality to be part of the organization - but most of them are still historic hotels in their own right. I agree, you should check Trip Advisor. I can't tell you anything about the neighborhood, but we've stayed in BW's across Europe, and I usually look for them first.

Vic

Archived