New Disney Cruiser

grammywig

I am taking my first Disney Cruise on the Magic Nov. 24-Dec 1, 2012 to Western Caribbean. I am a grandmother trying to find a great ship to take my family on and thought Disney could be the one so this is my test run!! I chose a Deluxe Verandah on Deck 7 Portside...is this a good location? I booked my own air travel and need to know if my return flight that leaves Houston Hobby at 12:40 pm is enough time for disembarkation/travel? What happens to your seat/table in the main dining room if you book a speciality restaurant instead? Thanks for all the great information on this board>>>

I am taking my first Disney Cruise on the Magic Nov. 24-Dec 1, 2012 to Western Caribbean. I am a grandmother trying to find a great ship to take my family on and thought Disney could be the one so this is my test run!! I chose a Deluxe Verandah on Deck 7 Portside...is this a good location? I booked my own air travel and need to know if my return flight that leaves Houston Hobby at 12:40 pm is enough time for disembarkation/travel? What happens to your seat/table in the main dining room if you book a speciality restaurant instead? Thanks for all the great information on this board>>>

Deck 7 is great because you have quiet decks above and below you. Deck 8 you often hear then cleaning the crew cleaning deck 9 and moving chairs all around.

no worries about your dining table, your wait staff is notified if you have a Palos reservation. but it is polite to remind your waiter the night before who will be at Palos.

Sometimes only part of your table may be gone if you have kids with you. Kids can eat with the kids club but you must sign them up ahead of time, or if they are old enough they can still go to dinner in the dining room.

If your Palos reservation is later than your normal dining time you can sit with the kids until they are done too, or feed them with food from around the pool areas, pizza, burgers etc.. and of course there is room service they can eat with too while your enjoying Palos.

sorry i cant help with your flight plan since I have only been at Port Canaveral, but we always were off the ship by around 8 a.m. Hope that helps some.

Kathy

That flight time should be fine. It takes about an hour to get to Hobby from the cruise terminal. As long as you're off the boat by 10:30, you'll be okay...and the only thing I can think of that would cause a delay is heavy fog. That's not something that can be predicted.

Archived