Horizan 6/25/05

cruise junky joan

No dedicated teen facilities; there is a small children's playroom on Deck 4 but it is suitable for the younger kids. There is a video arcade on the Horizon on Deck 8 however.

Thanks for the info. re no teen club, my son is not going to be happy! More than likely he will hook up with other kids and just hang out somewhere where they won't get hassled. If anyone else has info on teen activies on the Horizon it would be greatly appreciated. Joan

Hi Joan!

I've sailed on the Horizon several times. There were a fair amount of teens on the June 26th Bermuda sailing last year. Your son should find friends to keep him occupied; there seem to be more children on the summer sailings to Bermuda. The kids always seem to hook up and find things to do in groups. We had two teen girls seated at our table on the March 25th sailing this year. They made quite a few friends (male and female) and always rushed off every night after dessert to find their new buddies. On that sailing, the disco was available to the teens on several nights until eleven o'clock, but it was a 10 night sailing and I don't know if they do the same thing on the Bermuda sailing or not.

We'll keep the ship in good shape...... I will be back to visit on the 18th!:)

Patrioticgirl: Thanks for the info. I hope there is some place for the kids to hang out in the evening. On the Granduer last summer the Disco was open to the kids until 12:00 a.m. I am a little disappointed to hear that the Horizon disco will be closed to them at 11:00p.m. and that there apparently isn't a "teen club" per se. What kind of activities are available for the teens? Thanks for anything you can tell me. Joan

Archived