Which Suite on the Dawn?

DDT1978

The site I use for comparison shows that on the Dawn Princess the Caribe Deck Suites, category AA, would be the largest (including balcony) at 695 sq. ft. The Baja Deck Suites would come in second largest at 678 sq. ft. (including balcony) and the Dolphin Deck Suites last with 516 sq. ft. (including balcony).

That is what it is showing.

I am pretty sure that the interior of the suites is about the same sq. footage, but the size of the balcony is what increases the overall dimensions. Since Princess includes balcony size in the sq footage of their cabins, it makes it sound like the staterooms are larger on some decks when it is the balcony that is larger.

Just for future reference, the AB aft minis are totally different in size comparison on the Dawn (from my research).

The Caribe Deck AB's are the largest with 536 sq. ft (including balcony) and the Dolphin Deck AB's would be 413 (including balcony) where the Baja Deck staterooms come in at only 365 sq. feet (including balcony). This is why often times you will find the Baja Deck AB's are still available where the others are booked up as soon as the cruise opens up for booking.

I have been told that the minis (especially the minis on Caribe) are just as nice as the AA suites and a much better deal price wise.

I don't know why all the A cabins aren't classified as suites...seems silly. When we booked the Dawn, the difference between an AA and AB was about $70pp. That's worth it to be able to order off the menu for breakfast. I've sometimes seen the AA's much higher, and sometimes there isn't much difference.

Yes Rob, some of the shorter cruises the price difference is very minimal. I know the Sea and Sun Princess Cruises we have coming up which are 14 and 10 days, the difference is almost $500 pp for the AA suites. That is why we settled for the AB's, especially since we will finally make Elite Status by the time next March rolls around. That will help cushion the blow of the mini suite. LOL

We had minisuite B748. It was wonderful. Next door was the full suite which our cabin steward very kindly showed us when no one was around. It was almost identical to our minisuite and really no nicer apart from the larger balcony. Our balcony was more than adequate for 2 people and the cost was much less than the full suite

Baja Deck AA suites are 678 total sq. feet including balcony (balcony is 12x25 1/2)

Caribe Deeck AA suites are 695 total sq. feet including balcony (balcony is 26x10)

Dolphin Deck AA suites are 516 total sq. feet including balcony (balcony is 7x15)

I did research on this before booking my suite for my upcoming cruise on the Dawn May 16th... hope it is of help!!!

Archived