Recommended Waiter for PC on Star Princess?

auridicyl

Hi there! I've been reading up on the Princess line here on CC today (just found this site today). My boyfriend and I will be on the May 1st repo transatlantic cruise of the Star Princess. It will be my first cruise on Princess. I've sailed with RCCL, Carnival and HAL before, so it will be fun to see just how it compares.

In any event, I was hoping that there might be some kind soul out there reading who has recently sailed on the Star Princess, taken their dinners via Personal Choice dining, and who has a server they were very pleased with and would like to recommend. Also, any other informational tidbits such as how friendly/helpful the maitre' d is, must-see nooks, crannies, and events onboard, etc. would be welcome and appreciated.

TIA,

Michelle

Hi Michelle: Just got off the Star yesterday...it was a fabulous cruise :) :) . It was so very hard to get back to reality this morning, getting the kids up for school and going back to work. Anyway, we had PC dining...in the Capri we had Ricardo for 2 evenings and in the Portofino we had Ovi--highly recommend both of them. We enjoyed our meals there very much. One evening we had reservations at the speciality steakhouse...what a fantastic dinner!! Well worth the $30 extra per couple. The filet was the absolute best we can remember having!! As for special tips, a few would be the "quiet" pool area for adults only by the Lotus Spa. The Skywalker Lounge is a great spot during the day for a great view of sailaway. The piano bar has a great singer there right now (quite funny...the crowd was crowding the hall around the bar and made it difficult to walk by!!). Just walk around the ship and you'll be sure to find what you're looking for. Actually, at the start of the trip there was a "guided tour" of the ship. We didn't go, but heard a few folks talk about it. In the PC Dining Rooms you have the choice of eating with your group or joining a table with more folks at it...actually, we did this a few times and met some interesting people and had some great conversations. As we were a family with 2 teens, most dinners we had with the 4 of us, but twice we did have a table for 6 and 10, sharing. My husband and I did this at breakfast and lunch a few times when the kids were busy with their new friends!! Let me know if I can answer anything else. You're going to have a great cruise!!:) :)

Archived