South Beach, Miami

LizaMM

Hi all!

Just thought I'd let you all know about my pre-cruise stay....I had a very early flight into FLL the day before the cruise. Decided it would be nice to spend the day at the beach in preparation for our cruise :)

I wanted a hotel in South Beach on the water. Booked through Hotwire and stayed at the Royal Palm Crowne Plaza Resort. We really enjoyed our stay here! I thought the grounds were beautiful, easy access to the beach with hotel amenities. Pool was nice and had floatie toys. There was a large group having a conference so pool chairs were few and far between. We did not mind though because we wanted the sand and the sea and there was plenty of room for us there.

We are booked in this hotel for a few days before our cruise in August. Glad to here its good, I have been wondering what the hotel is like. Can you book tours to the Everglades etc from the hotel and did you make your own way to the port for your cruise? Any info on the hotel would be helpful and very welcome.

Thanks very much - Gill

The room was fine. We were not in it very much. I booked through Hotwire. After the booking was made I called and asked a few questions.

We were in a Lanai (I think) Suite which was nice beacuse we had a room to toss the luggage and it was not in the way when we were dressing etc. It was myself and my 12 year old DD.

We landed in FLL at 9:30. I had booked Tri-County Limo with meet and greet to get us to the hotel and we were there by 10:30. Our room was not ready but they held our luggage and we had use of the facilities and ammenities so we went directly to the beach.

Ate lunch out by the pool. Room was ready right after that. We freshened up and went back to the beach.

Great area to be in for walking around South Beach!!

I'd be happy to answer any other questions!

We actually wound up taking a taxi to Bayside for dinner. We were meeting some fellow CC Members for dinner and everyone else was near Bayside. Taxi's are not cheap!

On Sat morning we had breakfast in the hotel dining room. They had a nice buffet.

We took a taxi on over to the pier. Plenty of taxi's waiting outside the hotel. The hotel staff will call one for you and they are pulling up moments later.

The grounds of the hotel were very nice. Staff very accomodating and friendly.

I have some pics which you can see when I get them online. Having problems with my equipment at the moment!

My wife and I stayed at the Royal Palm last summer on a quick getaway, and we loved it. We got a free upgrade to a junior suite, and our time was enjoyable. The location was awesome, so much so that this June we are staying at the Loew's right next door to the Royal Palm since the RPCP didn't have any rooms available during our stay there.

Archived