Hotel Five vs Mayflower

plgrn

We have ressies at Mayflower total cost 696.00 for 3 nights plus shuttle to pier and breakfast for two each day are included. We planned to ride light rail from airport.

Hotel Five is offering total cost 407.00 for 3 nights plus

one 25.00 voucher to restaurant.

We will be arriving around 9:30 p.m. so didn't know if light rail is convenient for Hotel Five.

Is the Mayflower worth the cost or would Hotel Five be a better deal. Would we need a taxi from seatac to hotel five?

Thanks to all who can help

Hotel 5 is a newly remodeled former Ramada. Its a little bit outside of the main downtown core but only by 2 or 3 blocks. It wouldn't be nearly as convenient to light rail. I'd suggest you price Mayflower without the 'pkg' and see what you'd get as a rate. Frankly the cab is worth may $12-15 so the pkg may be worth little. Go to kayak.com or similar and compare rates. If rates were similar the Mayflower would be far better choice.

The hubby and I stayed at the Mayflower Park last May prior to a cruise, and we were very impressed with the hotel, the room and the excellent location. The restaurant Andaluca was wonderful with excellent breakfasts. We were so impressed that the Mayflower is now my favorite Seattle hotel.

While we knew that the Mayflower offers a cruise package, we didn't book the cruise package. Our cruise departed from Pier 66 and the taxi fee was $10 or $15. As I remember, it was cheaper to purchase our own breakfast at Andaluca and pay for the taxi than book the cruise package.

While this may not be a consideration, the Mayflower is a non-smoking hotel.

We loved Seattle and stayed there both pre- and post-cruise last August.

We booked the Mayflower on lastminutetravel dot com and got a great deal. The name of the hotel is hidden but there are tabs where you can see pictures and get a description of the hotel (number of floors and rooms) so it's easy to figure out that the 'hidden' name is the Mayflower. It's on the same block as the light rail so we took it from the airport and walked to the hotel that was very nice and in a great location. The bathroom was very impressive (see TripAdvisor). It's also only a few blocks to Pike Place Market. They serve a big breakfast and not necessarily cheap but it's an experience. There are other places for breakfast within walking distance.

Our post-cruise hotel was the Grand Hyatt that we won on Priceline for a great price. The light rail was only a half-block away and we took it back to the airport. A taxi to and from the cruise terminal was about $15 each way.

:confused:I meant to say that the bathroom at the Grand Hyatt was impressive. Super large, granite, glass... modern.

We enjoyed the Mayflower as well. The bar has a happy hour special and nice appetizers. It's more old world charm.

Enjoy Seattle - we'd love to go back.

Archived