Weird Early Saver Issue

zrmmiller

I recently had a price drop of $30 on one of our cabins. Submitted claim form, got an email response approved. Cruise Rate now $2637, taxes $444.27 (includes prepaid grat) OBC amount 1.35 - I get that our taxes went up it's fine.

Two days ago price dropped again to $2497. Submitted form for OBC of $140. Still no email (I know still early) however, this morning I checked my cruise manager online. My cruise rate shows $2417, taxes still $444.27 and OBC is still $1.35.

Do I need to call? I am worried that they adjusted my rate but didn't give me the OBC. Also, I wonder why the rate shows $2417 instead of the $2497 I submitted the claim for???

UGH - Maybe I am just getting greedy........

Do I need to call? I am worried that they adjusted my rate but didn't give me the OBC. Also, I wonder why the rate shows $2417 instead of the $2497 I submitted the claim for???

UGH - Maybe I am just getting greedy........

Sometimes the rep will find a cheaper price than the one you claimed and give you credit for the cheaper rate. Usually before your final payment you get your rate lowered instead of OBC. After your final payment the reduction is always given as OBC. If you want OBC for the price drop, take the money you saved on your final payment and buy OBC with it.

Each time an Early Saver price drop was approved for me, my $50 OBC for redemption of my future cruise certificate would disappear. I'd call and they would add it back. This week, after I received another price drop this time showed that I owed Carnival $50. The OBC was there but it showed that I owed Carnival money. My final payment was made on March 11th.

I was on the phone for 45 minutes with Carnival while they tried to figure out the problem, which they eventually did. Good thing I have a really nice and understanding boss.

I suggest that you call each time you find a discrepancy.

Archived