How soon do you start packing?????

scaredykat

My friend and I will be cruising on the Victory June 5th. I know we have 40 days left but we are getting so exited. I've been holding back on packing but I can't any more. Every other day or so I find myself packing. Has any one else gotten this exited this far in advance? Maybe I should't do my dance yet, but I can jump up and down, Yippeeeeeeeee.:D

I am actually going on this same cruise, and I already have a little area in a spare bedroom set aside with things I think of bringing from time to time. I can't wait! You are not alone! I love to plan things and I have definitely begun with this cruise.

IMHO if you actually "pack" too early you take way too much. I also organize weeks prior, actually once I decide what clothes I plan to take. I use a spare room which my DH now calls the "cruise room". The night before we leave for port I calmly pack and don't find myself adding anything else I don't need. Whatever way to choose to do it, have fun! :D

I am horrible. When we book I start looking through fashion magazines and getting online to pattern sites (I sew).. Then I start sketching and making lists. The whole process takes months and I love every minute of it. It's pathetic.. and yes, I take way too much but I always look good.

I pack the night before, or in the morning... keeps me sane. I start doing laundry/dry cleaning/shopping, the week before... Although, one of my bedrooms has become the designated "cruise room" where I pack and unpack... so everything is generally in one place when I am ready to start... that way I don't forget anything :D

Archived