Cave-Tubing with Yhony

Kareni

I promised a review after my cave tubing excursion in Belize. We were on the Carnival Miracle 4/17/2005

I must admit I was a little nervous about booking an excursion on my own, but everything went well and was wonderful.

Yhony meet us outside terminal 1 as planned and he had a sign with my name on it and Cave-Tubing. com. He explained the trip and our group of 13 climbed into his 15 passenger air-conditioned van.

We then had a long ride, I think Yhony said 27 miles on paved roads and 7 miles on dirt roads, it took about 40-50 minutes.

When we arrived we took a slow easy walk in the rain forest for about 1/2 hour, it was very beautiful. We did see other much larger groups from the ship, they got into the river before us. We walked another 5 minutes and ended up at another cave. Yhony said that we would go through 2 caves instead of 1 like the ship's trip.

It was great, everyone that wanted was able to jump in from a high rock area, our kids throught that was great. I don't like heights so I walked into the water.

We floated through both caves in the time it took the ship's excursion to do one. Yhony was great, he kept us together and helped the kids when needed.

At the end, you float down the river in the sun and end at the parking area.

Overall, it was the best excursion of our trip. Yhony was great, his price of $45 adults and $25 kids was less than half what the ship charged and we got to see more, did 2 caves and were in a much smaller group. He also didn't ask for payment until we were back at the pier.

For all those concerned about the walk, bugs, snakes, etc. The walk was very easy and I didn't see any bugs, only some ants. The water was very clear, no snakes, did see a few small fish.

Yhony got us back to the ship 1 1/2 hours before the last tender. The entire trip was 4 1/2 to 5 hours.

I hope others go cave tubing with Yhony, he took us on a great excursion that my family will never forget. We have wonderful memories of cave tubing in Belize.

THANK YOU YHONY !!

Karen and family

Thanks, Karen, we are booked with Yhoni May 24. How did he know when you would be ready for the tour with the time difference? Did you get off the ship quickly, and how did you get on a tender early enough for the trip? Just concerned because I guess they are two hours behind ship time.

Hello,

On the Miracle they said I needed to go and get tender tickets at 8AM (ship time). I got in line at 7:45 and got tickets for tender 1. Then someone said that if I took my email confirmation to deck A that they would let me off. I gathered our group and went to deck A and showed the confirmation to the Carnival employee and he allowed all of us to leave on one of the first tenders with the ship's excursions.

I wouldn't bother getting the tender tickets, just go to the tender on deck A and show your confirmation.

I think we meet up with Yhony around 9-9:30 (ship time). He was waiting right outside terminal 1.

Karen

Karen,

In your review you mentioned paying only $25 for children. How old are your children? I was expecting to pay the $55 w/ lunch for everyone.

Great review!

Thanks,

djk

We used Yhoni too. Because we were a party of 5, they gave us our own van and own guide...I think Gilly was his name.

We had a wonderful time. Gilly took care of my 10 year old the entire time so I could enjoy myself without worrying about her (in the water currents.) He attached himself to her tube and never let her go. She felt very good knowing he had her.

At the end of the day, you can pay your driver a little extra to take you to lunch or to drive you around. Gilly drove us around the downtown area for a little shopping before returning to the ship.

They don't collect a penny until the end of the day and Yhoni is great about getting back to you via email.

He provided us with a GREAT DAY! I can't say enough good things about him and his company.

We just got off the Miracle and went cave-tubing with Yhony. He was great!! We had so much fun, and the whole ride he was telling us all about his country. It was like two trips in one. We booked two trips (Belize with Yhony and Costa Maya with Dave from chacchobenruins.com) through local companies instead of the Cruise ship, and they were the best two trips I have ever had. Not only were they less expensive, but it was so nice to have guides who were excited about what they are doing. I highly reccomend Yhony (cave-tubing.com)! As for lunch, we ate the BBQ in the hut and it was great. For five dollars you get chicken, rice and beans, garlic bread, cole-slaw, and a great spice and fruit cake. We had no problems with the food. It was so nice to be floating with our friends and family instead of the giant groups with the cruise ship bumping into each other down the river. I would mention a word of warning with both trips. When we got to the ports, we were asked who we were looking for. At both places we were told (by other companies) that our tours were anywhere from not licensed to out of business, and that they would take us. Just ignore these leeches. Both Yohny and David were waiting right where they said they would be! Book with Yhony, and make sure to say hi to Timmy, Sonny, and Jimmy. They were a great team!

ps. Make sure to bring a copy of your email conformation from Yhony with you. We used it to get on a tender (there were 16 of us) instead of the number system, and got off at the same time as the boats tubing people.

Archived