Online video of Mariner

We did a cruise on Mariner last year and finally managed to get our video online. It's on our website, see the link in signature. It's a very large file so be patient when it loads. I hope you'll enjoy it :)

Crockett Man, I use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit.

Terry, if you have a look at the photo section on the website, go to Mariner and you will find some more pictures of the cruise critic group from last year. :)

Awesome video! Nice editing & music. It really give you a good idea how big the ship really is. Pictures just don't show it the same way.

Thanks for posting this - it's definately gotten me back in the cruising mood! Especially after all the rogue wave, pier run in, and bed bug incidents were starting to bum me out. :cool:

I am only about a third of the way through it and I have to just stop and tell you that this is FANTASTIC! This is just great. My two year old is dancing to the music and loves it too. The cuts are fabulous and it is not "too much" or too personal at all. It highlights your experience while making me feel like I am part of it rather than some demented "peeping Nancy" trying to horn in on your vacation. I am hanging onto this to look at while I wait, impatiently, for our turn on the Mariner in October. Thank you again. (I know I am gushing but this is great)

Wonderful. Made me feel like I was right there. I could hear the waves!!!! Planning the Mariner for this summer. And the editing is superb. You all are very good. Hope you are in business. Do you take other people's videos and do a similar thing?

I do have special hardware, but I make wedding videos for a living (far higher standard than my cruise video if I may add, this was just a fun thing). But as far as I'm aware you don't "need" special hardware to run it. It is however an expensive program and it sometimes works out cheaper to buy hardware from for example Matrox (RTX 10 is a basic video editing card that is really quite powerful) and you then get the software free. Or buy an older version of Adobe Premiere on Ebay...

To go on vacation we have a Mini DV Sony TRV 60 camcorder, small and handy.

We have a Sony Mini DV TRV11 - glad to know it will come out nicely on the web. I'll have to look into that Adobe Premiere. We've just used Windows Movie Maker in the past. Again, great video!

I do have special hardware, but I make wedding videos for a living (far higher standard than my cruise video if I may add, this was just a fun thing). But as far as I'm aware you don't "need" special hardware to run it. It is however an expensive program and it sometimes works out cheaper to buy hardware from for example Matrox (RTX 10 is a basic video editing card that is really quite powerful) and you then get the software free. Or buy an older version of Adobe Premiere on Ebay...

So does that card use an RCA input from your video camera or something else?

The matrox card has an RCA in and out, S-Video in and out and firewire. But if you're interested, make sure you check out the Matrox website first as you need to make sure the cards are compatible with your motherboard. But feel free to email me about it.

WOW!! Awesome video! That must have taken some time to do...but well worth it!

I especially love the choice of Bittersweet Symphony......I have that in one of my vacation videos....it just happened to be playing on the radio when I was recording, I didn't plan it that way LOL.

I can't wait for my first cruise....you have me even more excited than before.

Thanks for sharing! :D

Archived