southampton/NYC 16/04/2005

mazcon

Hi all,

Have just got back from NYC only to find that photos I took of our departure from Southampton on 16 April have been wiped!!!! This is very disappointing as it was very special to sail past the QE2 on the way out. Does anyone have any photos that they could e-mail to me??

Mary

Mary,

We wanted to contact you while on the same crossing as you but like the idiot that I am I left your cabin number at home and I only knew you as "Mary" !!

We took some good shots of us leaving. Pictures of the tug with the water spouts leading us out, the crowds on shore and the QE2 including showing her following us down the Solent. We are currently on our grand tour of the USA until early June so I cannot get to my computer to shrink the file sizes for email or even get them off the card in the camera. So, unless somebody else comes up for you, I will be happy to email during June. Can I have you address plse ?

We really enjoyed the crossing although with the pitching of the ship on Sunday and Monday Pat had to get a jab which was well worth the money as she was 100% again and able to enjoy all that food !!! It was our first time on a liner/crusie ship and the whole experience was just fantastic. The staff are top notch, the food out of this world and the size wasn't at all daunting. I have read reviews from other passengers and just cannot see what they are worrying about. Yes, it's expensive but well worth it.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to bring your room number with me too! Never mind. Like you, we had a fabulous week on QM2; she lived up to our expectations in terms of quality and service. We both had the seasickness jab and found it to be well worth it as we didn't have to give it another thought for the rest of the trip.

It would be really good if you could mail me some Southampton departure pictures at some time - I'm at condelm@ntlworld.com. Thank you.

Have a wonderful time in America.

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Archived