Type of soap on Dawn etc

keegsgrammy

Can anybody tell me what kind of hand soap is on the Dawn. Is it bar soap or do they have a soap dispenser? Also for the April 21st cruise when does the ship arrive in Boston. I know the rooms will probably be ready early but would we be able to board earlier than 12? Like to spend as much time as possible on the ship. Any replies would be appreciated...Can't wait to go. Thanks:):)

Can anybody tell me what kind of hand soap is on the Dawn. Is it bar soap or do they have a soap dispenser? Also for the April 21st cruise when does the ship arrive in Boston. I know the rooms will probably be ready early but would we be able to board earlier than 12? Like to spend as much time as possible on the ship. Any replies would be appreciated...Can't wait to go. Thanks:):)

On the GEM and JEWEL there was a liquid soap dispenser in the bathroom, seems like it had an Elemis lavender scented hand soap.

As far as the time to arrive, we live very close to Black Falcon Terminal and we get dropped off as early as 9:30 in the morning. Its very exciting and people are still coming off and all kinds of activity is taking place. I like the frenzy. I'd rather be there than home on my couch stressed to leave! Then the time flies and we board by 12. Sometimes earlier. We check our bags as soon as we arrive.

I can't wait to go, its our favorite yearly vacation! People ask us why we don't want to change it or try something else. :eek: No. But actually we will add more cruise destinations some day....long as it doesn't involve flying!

A couple of years ago, we got out of the car and as we waited to cross the street, a couple walked toward us. They had the exact same luggage tags as us...they were leaving the SAME stateroom we were going into! Isn't that weird? We only talked for a few minutes about the chance of that meeting happening. I can't remember their name. All I know is they left a nice flat iron and I used it several times that week on my hair:) Hmmm. The room wasn't cleaned that good was it?

You must be getting excited! I know we are.

~Cindy

It is best that you bring your own soap. Then there is no need to concern yourself with what kind of soap is provided.

I can totally understand why the OP inquired as to what soap will be provided on their up-coming cruise. Unfortunately, some people are allergic to certain soaps. Thus is why I usually bring some of my own soap, however, it is nice to cut corners in the packing department. Anyway, Elemis Products are provided in liquid form on the Dawn. There is a liquid hand soap dispenser at the sink. In addition, there is a dispenser in the shower that holds Elemis liquid body gel soap and shampoo. There is no conditioner. Should you prefer bar soap, just ask your room stewart and they will provide that for you. Hope this gives you some insight!

Lat year we were on the first Dawn cruise out of Boston, and our staterooms were ready immediately. Hopefully that will be true for you too.

By the way, I have serious allergies to many things, and the soap provided ( Elemis) was fine. No issues like I have with laundry detergents and strong-smelling soaps.

Have fun! We will be leaving on the May 11 cruise.

Archived