Oasis Of The Seas Review

We just got off of the Oasis for the Eastern Caribbean sailing. This was my first time with Royal Caribbean. Previously I have sailed on the Carnival Valor (2006) and a Carnival and Costa cruise in the 1980's. So, although I am a relatively new cruiser, I think I can offer some valuable advice. LOL!

We left Port Everglades on Saturday, March 24th right at 5:00 P.M. I highly recommend everyone ordering a waive of their sailaway. We did not order it but ha family members watching the sailaway and they called us as we went by the webcam. They sent us a picture o ourselves waving to the camera. I am hoping to get a video of it when we get home.

The first day we ate at The Windjammer for lunch and dinner. Mainly for convenience. Food was pretty good. Certainly not dining room style, but good. I guess it depends on your preference of food. Ibwould compare it to A Golden Corral type restaurant with more choices.

I have tried to upload some pictures but all of my pictures on my phone are apparently too big for this forum. I will resize the when I get home.

On that note I will hold off on more

comments until I can fix the pictures. I am sure you woul rather see pictures than read my comments!

Hi melly424, thanks for the review so far. I have 1 question. How would you rate this cruise compared to The Valor?

Hi melly424, thanks for the review so far. I have 1 question. How would you rate this cruise compared to The Valor?

DH and I have been talking about that. One doesn't stand out over the other at all. In some aspects, the Oasis was better and in some aspects the Valor was better. Positives for the Oasis:

Bigger

More food choices (sacrificed quality for quantity. Food wasn't bad by any means, just nothing to brag about)

More pools

Cruise director more "people" friendly and out and about. Amy was awesome! (I don't think we ever saw the one on the Valor except at shows. I don't know if this is typical to Carnival or not. Could have just been the person)

Captain with a sense of humor (loved his daily comments and his "Captain's Corner". I'll talk about that later.)

Quick and easy boarding process

Positives for Valor:

Bedding (sorry, I am a pillow snob!)

Better food quality (we came home and started searching for a few of their recipes. Didn't do that for anything on the Oasis)

Waterslide (this is more for the kids rather than adults. My kids kept seeing water slides on other ships and wondered why ours didn't have one. I said because ours had a zip line and rock climbing wall!)

Easier to get around (again, due to the smaller size even though this ship isn't "small" by any means.)

Overall, we enjoyed both cruises and would go on either again. So, I really can't vote for one over the other. Loved them both!

I did a search and came up with a review I did of "The Valor". I hadn't read it in several years, so it was interesting to read what I wrote. Even after reading what I put about the Valor's cruise director, I still don't remember him! LOL! Another positive to Amy on the Oasis! She is on break now, but I sure hope she is reassigned to a RCL ship! I am posting the link to my review of the Valor if anyone is interested in comparing the two.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=19846

Thanks for the review! We are on Oasis May 5th and cannot wait. Have been on the pre-inaugural of Allure and going on Allure again Apr 22nd, but will be our first time on Oasis

I am with you about the fitness center. My day doesn't start out right unless I work out. I am up at the gym when it opens at 6 so I get my workout in before we start our day on the ship or in port.

Cannot wait to go!!!!

One thing I highly recommend is attending the Captain's Corner. Our Captain was Trym Selvag. I am not sure how long they are assigned to the ship, but I would assume it is for fairly long periods. He had a great sense of humor with his daily announcements. My son and I attended his "Captain's Corner" on Friday afternoon. I think it was a 1:00 in the afternoon. I am so glad that I went. Being it was the last day, we were trying to get a lot of things in and trying to see areas of the ship that we hadn't explored yet. But at the last minute DH(12) and I decided to go. Couldn't talk anyone else to go with. Captain Selvag is a funny guy and answers any question you have. And let me tell you, I can't believe some of the questions that people asked! Including my son who you never know what will come out of his mouth! With confidence, he stood up, introduced himself, and promptly asked the captain how big the Titanic was compared to the Oasis! Let me say, he did get a laugh. The Captain chuckled and said "You actually want to know about the Titanic as we are sailing on a ship through the Bermuda Triangle?". He assured everyone that we wouldn't hit any icebergs as they had technology to prevent that now! LOL! He then answered his question about the size!

Try to fit this in your schedule on the last day. It only lasts an hour and is a nice break.

IMG_4804.jpg.8c2fc91cba96510eac07cb2a5a66f89f.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg.adbbadda5d2a6c02e0cc58132204c71f.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg.ff8a9ad13aa3e71ccef50bde4c2a69ca.jpg

DH and I have been talking about that. One doesn't stand out over the other at all. In some aspects, the Oasis was better and in some aspects the Valor was better. Positives for the Oasis:

Bigger

More food choices (sacrificed quality for quantity. Food wasn't bad by any means, just nothing to brag about)

More pools

Cruise director more "people" friendly and out and about. Amy was awesome! (I don't think we ever saw the one on the Valor except at shows. I don't know if this is typical to Carnival or not. Could have just been the person)

Captain with a sense of humor (loved his daily comments and his "Captain's Corner". I'll talk about that later.)

Quick and easy boarding process

Positives for Valor:

Bedding (sorry, I am a pillow snob!)

Better food quality (we came home and started searching for a few of their recipes. Didn't do that for anything on the Oasis)

Waterslide (this is more for the kids rather than adults. My kids kept seeing water slides on other ships and wondered why ours didn't have one. I said because ours had a zip line and rock climbing wall!)

Easier to get around (again, due to the smaller size even though this ship isn't "small" by any means.)

Overall, we enjoyed both cruises and would go on either again. So, I really can't vote for one over the other. Loved them both!

So would you say that The Oasis is worth the extra money?

My advice is to find the best deal that you can find and try out RCL for yourself. There are deals out there to be found. All I can say is that we had a great time on Carnival and had no big complaints. I am known as a "tightwad" so I am constantly searching for good deals and want to save as much money as I can, but I also wanted to experience RCL for myself. We are going to try NCL next time so we will have cruised "the big 3". But, as of now, this cruise didn't justify the cost difference to me. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time and am glad I went, but if I can find a Carnival one for a couple of hundred dollars cheaper, I am going to take it because of my past experience with Carnival. Please don't hate me RCL fans! This is based completely on money. If I find a deal with RCL, I would definitely cruise with them again. I wish I could afford to cruise once or twice a year, but we are only able to go every few years, so money is a factor for us.

My advice is to find the best deal that you can find and try out RCL for yourself. There are deals out there to be found. All I can say is that we had a great time on Carnival and had no big complaints. I am known as a "tightwad" so I am constantly searching for good deals and want to save as much money as I can, but I also wanted to experience RCL for myself. We are going to try NCL next time so we will have cruised "the big 3". But, as of now, this cruise didn't justify the cost difference to me. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time and am glad I went, but if I can find a Carnival one for a couple of hundred dollars cheaper, I am going to take it because of my past experience with Carnival. Please don't hate me RCL fans! This is based completely on money. If I find a deal with RCL, I would definitely cruise with them again. I wish I could afford to cruise once or twice a year, but we are only able to go every few years, so money is a factor for us.

Thanks again melly424!! I am booked with a few girlfriends on the Oasis in Nov. This will be there first cruise ever. We are all on a budget so I want to make sure everyone feels the money their spending is worthy of this cruise.

An idea I got these message boards was to give your cabin steward an extra treat each day. Both times, I bought some little candy bars with me and left them out with a quick note of appreciation when we left the cabin each morning. I am amazed at how many hours these people work and rarely get days off. I know we all give them a tip, but just giving them something extra each day is an added touch. Both times, our cabin stewards really appreciated it and were thankful. Just an idea for everyone.:):)

Monday was our first day at sea. Pretty much just spent the day out in the sun by the pools. On sea days, the deck chairs go very quickly. You pretty much need to be outside by 9:30 or so to get by one of the pools. Do not try to save deck chairs by putting a towel on them. You will find when you come back several hours later (and many people did this) that your towels are gone. The employees watch for chairs that are not in use and will pick up the towels. Not sure what you have to do to get them back, but since there is a $25 charge for lost Royal Caribbean towels, I wouldn't risk losing them. I didn't go out until 11:15 and finally found a deck chair on deck 16. It was very crowded!

On Monday night our whole party ate dinner together in the main dining room. It was Italian night and was a lot of fun. Food was good and the wait staff made it a lot of fun.

Tuesday was spent in St. Thomas. We decided to go on the Sea Blaster / Snorkeling Tour. I highly recommend this tour. It is great for adults and children. You spend about 20 minutes on the Sea Blaster (a large speedboat) to get to the snorkeling area and about an hour snorkeling and then head back to the ship. We were back at the ship by 12:40 so we had plenty of time to walk around St. Thomas. We opted not to take a taxi over to Havensight were the main shopping is, but many people did this. I have read you can walk over too. It takes about 25 minutes, but there are shuttles available as well. The Oasis docks at Crown Bay due to it's size and there are a few shops right off the dock there. We walked around the shopping area there for awhile and then returned to the ship. While at St. Thomas we bought a large bottle of Johnny Walker Scotch. DS(18) wanted to carry it on board since he was officially "legal" in St. Thomas. As we neared the entrance to the ship, he was stopped by security. I thought they were going to say he couldn't carry it on board (drinking age is 21 on the ship), but they just said he had to put his shirt on. I thought it was pretty funny that he could carry a huge bottle of liquor on board, but was stopped because he wasn't wearing a shirt. I guess I am easily entertained!

There are many things to do in St. Thomas. The last time we visited we did some hiking did the submarine excursion which was nice. My SIL and her husband went on another snorkeling excursion that lasted pretty much all day and included lunch. Not sure what it was called, but she has been posting on this thread, so hopefully she will comment and tell you about it.

I have attached some pictures of formal night. The first one is me and the next one is DD(16), next is DS(18), followed by two more of formal night where we twirled the napkins in the air. I have a couple of pictures of St. Thomas and a couple of pictures of DD(16) and DS(12) driving the Sea Blaster and finally a sunset picture of St. Thomas.

DSCN1061.jpg.b747a545d365f215a0e241d8661d7723.jpg

DSCN1062.jpg.b29cd533a6ab6006b0060cee01d3415c.jpg

IMG_4400.jpg.07893cb3a671d67a2330c55c1dad832a.jpg

DSCN1089.jpg.a06fe241e18f65a4a409365c1b7afd0c.jpg

DSCN1091.jpg.5c92b2f26e311c9e74845e0a980515fe.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg.e4cc5936f6b95c8f4e8e2e1602371617.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg.49ec3b12e6236bffa77db48486819ee1.jpg

IMG_4539.jpg.85591eb53897b64fd0ca20530f0c27ae.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg.6ac19c92b908bff6d4c26d65f734e22e.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg.3ab3d72baebe2aac9aa8c6b5d04c058b.jpg

Mels' sister-in-law here again to add to her report. We spent the day at Nassau on the ship as we had been to Nassau and Atlantis before and just wanted a day to explore the ship without all the passengers. We spent a quiet day exploring and sitting by the pool. We had a lovely lunch at the Park Cafe. We did not do formal night with the family this night. I believe we had a nice meal at Johnny Rockets.

I would like to say that Saturday we attended Hairspray and Sunday we attended Oasis of Dreams. Both were fantastic shows as was all the entertainment we experienced that week! I was very happy with all of the shows! No complaints. We did make reservations ahead of time, as Mel stated.

Monday (sea day) my husband and I got up and headed for the pool around 830. I am a morning to lunch time pool person. We sat on the upper deck this day overlooking the beach pool. My parents joined us at some point. It was extremely windy this day and cloudy at times. We did get quite a bit of sun too. I,too, saw several chair savers lose their towels, etc when pool attendents removed them after a period of time. We ate in the MDR for our (my husband and my) only time this week. It was ok. Not as good as I remember the MDR on Mariner but ok. This was probably my least favorite meal of the week. We did see Frozen in Time today. Very good. I believe this was the night we went to the Love and Marriage show. It was a hoot!

Tuesday as Mel mentioned, my husband and I did the Caribbean Sail to Christmas and Honeymoon Coves. We had 2 ships for our group. Bones and Blackbeards Revenge. We were on Blackbeards Revenge and had a great time. The crew was great, snorkeling was fun, and the "painkillers" were flowing! Nice day and a good BBQ lunch. We got back to ship around 500 I think. We saw the Headliner show (Mosaic) this night. It was pretty good.

Think I am caught up now, Mel!

Thought I'd talk about our experience with the nightly shows. We made all of our reservations in advance and I highly recommend you do this. I think most people on "stand-by" got in, but they had to wait until right before the show began to get in so therefore had a slim chance to sit together or had really bad seats. If you have a larger party (more than 4 people) the key is to arrive about a half hour before the show begins. It really starts to fill up about 15 minutes before showtime. Even if you make reservations in advance, you are not required to go to the show. You have the option to not go. (In fact, this is what the "stand-by" people want you to do! LOL)

On Saturday (day 1) we went to Hairspray. This is awesome and I HIGHLY recommend this. Even my husband, who really has no use for anything remotely similar to a musical, enjoyed this. The acting is great and it is funny! Do try to go to this show.

On Sunday, we went to Oasis Of Dreams Aqua Show. Again, I highly recommend this one. Our mistake here was not getting there until ten minutes before the show started. There was no where to sit except for the bottom three rows. I wondered why no one was sitting there when someone told me that was the "splash zone". That was our only option though so we sat on the highest row. In the end, I recommend these seats. We didn't get very wet at all, just intentionally splashed by some of the performers. There was a lady who sat in the middle in front of us who got extremely irritated when they splashed her. Seriously???? You are sitting in the splash zone lady!!! I thought it was funny! The show is great and the talent that these performers have is amazing! Skills such as diving, swimming, acrobats, trampoline and dancing are exhibited! The whole family will enjoy this show and I seriously recommend sitting in the top level of the splash zone. You won't get too wet and they are great seats!

On Tuesday, we went to the Headliner show. We have some mixed reviews about this show. The Headliner for our cruise was "Mosaic". While we thought these young men had amazing talent, we all thought the show was too long. Mosaic was a group of men who sang and made all musical sound effects with their mouths. No musical instruments at all. I was amazed at their skill. I just think it was more for an opening act or a shorter show. That seemed to be the consensus among our group.

Well, I am out of time. Unfortunately, work calls. I will finish my entertainment review later on tonight!

This is a continuation of my previous post concerning the shows on board the Oasis.

On Wednesday night, we went to the comedy show. There were two comedians at the show. One was Michael Dean Ester and I honestly can't remember who the second one was. Both were pretty good. Michael Dean Ester was better than the second one, but neither was bad, but they weren't "fall out of your seat" funny either. It is definitely an adult show although neither are crude or rude.

Our cabin was next door to Michael Dean Ester so we were able to talk to him a bit. We were sure he would make fun of us during the show, but we don't think he knew we were there, thankfully! I kind of felt sorry for him being that he was a night time person who slept in who was right next door to a family of 5 who was up very early everyday. We did our best to stay quiet knowing that he was still asleep! LOL! I would assume they change comedians often on cruise ships, but if you do come across Michael Dean Ester I would go see him. Sorry I can't remember the other guy's name. If I think of it, I will post it.

On Thursday, we went to see "Come Fly With Me". This was a great show with some great acting, singing, dancing and just all around entertainment. I highly recommend seeing this show. It was very entertaining. You can find clips of it on You Tube, but I think that kind of ruins it. But it would give you an idea of what it is all about.

Friday night were the farewell festivities. They were on Deck 5. You really need to get to the deck early. We did not and weren't able to see a lot of it. They have a lot of the cartoon characters out on the floor dancing with the children. At the end, there is a globe above one of the restaurants. This opens up like a catwalk and all of the entertainers from the week are introduced. I thought this was pretty cool. The whole think lasted maybe 45 minutes, but I would recommend going. My daughter and I went, but DH and DS's did not go.

Overall, the entertainment was outstanding! I really wish we had went to "Frozen In Time" as we heard it was wonderful. Definitely make your reservations ahead of time so you don't have to wait in the "stand-by" line. As I said, you can always decide not to go if something else comes up. Also, if you sit in the top row of the "splash zone" at the Oasis Of Dreams show, you don't get that wet and they are awesome seats!

On Wednesday, we docked in beautiful St. Maarten. I have enjoyed this island both times we have visited there. The first time we went in 2006, DH and I just headed into town via water taxi and did some shopping and hung out at the city beach. Water taxi was $4 per person (in 2006) round trip and could be used for multiple trips. We enjoyed the city beach. There were hardly any people, the beach was clean and the water was sparkling clear.

For this trip, we intended to take the water taxi into town, but at the last minute we were told that there was a sidewalk that we could follow and walk into town. Since there were 5 of us and the water taxi price was now $6, we decided to walk. Remember, I am the queen of the tightwads, but DH agreed with me this time. Kids were not too happy, but this time their opinion didn't count! LOL! I am really glad we walked. It was probably about a mile and was a nice scenic walk. For the most part, you were on a nice sidewalk. At the end, you had to cut through a parking lot to get to the bridge to get into town. As long as you are capable, I recommend the walk. If not, there are water taxis and regular taxis. I think my FIL told us the regular taxis were $2 per person each way, but don't quote me on that. As we found out later, they drivers can change their mind at will. (I will explain that later!)

When we arrived in town, we walked around town for awhile. We wanted to find the bus stop for Maho Beach. Well, we walked for quite awhile, because we were waiting on some other family members. Kids were getting very tired and grouchy. We checked out some local shops, the Methodist church (wanted to take some pictures for our pastor) and went to McDonalds to get a pop. (Note: 4 large pops cost $9.00!!) We headed back to the beach to wait on our family members. The two youngest kids decided to go down to the beach while we were waiting.

After meeting up with family, we were heading over to Maho Beach. Our intention was to take the "bus" over to Maho. Cost was $2 per person. We only had to wait about 5 minutes for the bus. It was quite the crowded bus, but it got us there. I would say it took about 20 minutes to get to Maho. He dropped us off about a block away from the beach. The taxis take you right up to the beach. Wasn't too bad of a walk though. We had been looking at videos of the planes at Maho for the past year and were eagerly anticipating the incoming and outgoing planes. I had read reports that the beach was not very good and it was very rocky. I don't really agree with that. It was a bit rocky over by the Sunset Bar, but other than that, it was a white sandy beach. The negative thing I found about this beach was that it had a fairly steep slope and the water had a fairly significant drop off. It probably isn't a beach for small children, but my kids really enjoyed it. Just keep an eye on your little ones if you take them because the water will be over their heads in about 5 steps into the ocean!

I have to admit that we all loved the incoming and outgoing planes at Maho. It was very cool to lie on the beach and have a 737 type plane fly right over you. We were there for one of the big planes taking off and that was very cool. I do have to say that I completely underestimated the power of jet taking off! I stood across the street video taping next DH who was also video taping. At the last minute, he got the hair brained idea to be a fence grabber!!! As the plane neared the end of the runway and was parallel to the road, I had my "oh sh--!" moment and realized that the plane was going to swing his tail end around and was going to be very close to the end of the runway. Let's just say that I now know what it feels like to be sand blasted by very hot sand!!! Just as the plane was getting ready to take off and sand was pelting me at supersonic speeds, I noticed people started running and things were flying by me. I then realized I had left my beachbag (with our passports inside) unattended. With the video camera still on, I quickly ran back to our towels and managed to save everything. I think there was at least 6 cups of sand in my bag and our towels were completely buried. I thought we lost a couple of flip flops, but they eventually turned up. I saw several shoes, headphones and purses in the water. The kids that were in the water managed went on a rescue mission and kept throwing things out of the water. Bottom line is, I would do this again. I would just be more prepared next time and cover things up! LOL! I asked DH how he liked the fence, and he said he would NEVER do that again. He was glad he did it to experience it, but said it was very hard to hang on to. He said at the end he was just prayed outloud that the darn (not the word he used) jet would take off because he was about to involuntarily let go! By now, I am sure everyone has seen the video of the woman who attempted this and was thrown into the cement border. DH said he certainly is not sexist, but even before he saw this video on the news, he couldn't imagine many women being able to hold on. So, keep that in mind if you go to Maho.

We had intention of taking the taxi back to the ship, but since it was 1:30 we had several hours to get back, we decided to wait for the bus. Only had to wait a few minutes for one and we were on our way back. As we entered town, it got a bit confusing. We thought he would just drop us off at the bus stop. Another couple on the bus asked how much it would be to go back to the ship. He said it would be $3 per person. They wanted to do that. We asked to be dropped off in town. The other couple ended up changing their minds and decided to be dropped off in town. Well, the driver apparently didn't hear either of us and was heading back to the ship. When we questioned him, he pulled the bus over and told us we should have told him sooner and told us it would now be $5 per person. I was about to argue, but DH was not sure of the driver's state of mind at this point, and told me to just pay it and get the heck off the bus. As we left the bus, I thanked him for doubling the cost! LOL! Other than that, no problems at all! I would take the bus again. I think he was just a grouchy driver.

Sorry this one was so long. Hope it was helpful! I will put pictures in the next post. My computer is not cooperating at the minute and I am afraid this post will disappear before I click the "submit reply" button.

enjoying your beautiful review !!! I'll be on oasis on 5/19 and can't wait. do you happen to have a copy of the cruise compasses that you can share? would much appreciate it. thanks!:)

On Wednesday, we docked in beautiful St. Maarten. I have enjoyed this island both times we have visited there. The first time we went in 2006, DH and I just headed into town via water taxi and did some shopping and hung out at the city beach. Water taxi was $4 per person (in 2006) round trip and could be used for multiple trips. We enjoyed the city beach. There were hardly any people, the beach was clean and the water was sparkling clear.

For this trip, we intended to take the water taxi into town, but at the last minute we were told that there was a sidewalk that we could follow and walk into town. Since there were 5 of us and the water taxi price was now $6, we decided to walk. Remember, I am the queen of the tightwads, but DH agreed with me this time. Kids were not too happy, but this time their opinion didn't count! LOL! I am really glad we walked. It was probably about a mile and was a nice scenic walk. For the most part, you were on a nice sidewalk. At the end, you had to cut through a parking lot to get to the bridge to get into town. As long as you are capable, I recommend the walk. If not, there are water taxis and regular taxis. I think my FIL told us the regular taxis were $2 per person each way, but don't quote me on that. As we found out later, they drivers can change their mind at will. (I will explain that later!)

When we arrived in town, we walked around town for awhile. We wanted to find the bus stop for Maho Beach. Well, we walked for quite awhile, because we were waiting on some other family members. Kids were getting very tired and grouchy. We checked out some local shops, the Methodist church (wanted to take some pictures for our pastor) and went to McDonalds to get a pop. (Note: 4 large pops cost $9.00!!) We headed back to the beach to wait on our family members. The two youngest kids decided to go down to the beach while we were waiting.

After meeting up with family, we were heading over to Maho Beach. Our intention was to take the "bus" over to Maho. Cost was $2 per person. We only had to wait about 5 minutes for the bus. It was quite the crowded bus, but it got us there. I would say it took about 20 minutes to get to Maho. He dropped us off about a block away from the beach. The taxis take you right up to the beach. Wasn't too bad of a walk though. We had been looking at videos of the planes at Maho for the past year and were eagerly anticipating the incoming and outgoing planes. I had read reports that the beach was not very good and it was very rocky. I don't really agree with that. It was a bit rocky over by the Sunset Bar, but other than that, it was a white sandy beach. The negative thing I found about this beach was that it had a fairly steep slope and the water had a fairly significant drop off. It probably isn't a beach for small children, but my kids really enjoyed it. Just keep an eye on your little ones if you take them because the water will be over their heads in about 5 steps into the ocean!

I have to admit that we all loved the incoming and outgoing planes at Maho. It was very cool to lie on the beach and have a 737 type plane fly right over you. We were there for one of the big planes taking off and that was very cool. I do have to say that I completely underestimated the power of jet taking off! I stood across the street video taping next DH who was also video taping. At the last minute, he got the hair brained idea to be a fence grabber!!! As the plane neared the end of the runway and was parallel to the road, I had my "oh sh--!" moment and realized that the plane was going to swing his tail end around and was going to be very close to the end of the runway. Let's just say that I now know what it feels like to be sand blasted by very hot sand!!! Just as the plane was getting ready to take off and sand was pelting me at supersonic speeds, I noticed people started running and things were flying by me. I then realized I had left my beachbag (with our passports inside) unattended. With the video camera still on, I quickly ran back to our towels and managed to save everything. I think there was at least 6 cups of sand in my bag and our towels were completely buried. I thought we lost a couple of flip flops, but they eventually turned up. I saw several shoes, headphones and purses in the water. The kids that were in the water managed went on a rescue mission and kept throwing things out of the water. Bottom line is, I would do this again. I would just be more prepared next time and cover things up! LOL! I asked DH how he liked the fence, and he said he would NEVER do that again. He was glad he did it to experience it, but said it was very hard to hang on to. He said at the end he was just prayed outloud that the darn (not the word he used) jet would take off because he was about to involuntarily let go! By now, I am sure everyone has seen the video of the woman who attempted this and was thrown into the cement border. DH said he certainly is not sexist, but even before he saw this video on the news, he couldn't imagine many women being able to hold on. So, keep that in mind if you go to Maho.

We had intention of taking the taxi back to the ship, but since it was 1:30 we had several hours to get back, we decided to wait for the bus. Only had to wait a few minutes for one and we were on our way back. As we entered town, it got a bit confusing. We thought he would just drop us off at the bus stop. Another couple on the bus asked how much it would be to go back to the ship. He said it would be $3 per person. They wanted to do that. We asked to be dropped off in town. The other couple ended up changing their minds and decided to be dropped off in town. Well, the driver apparently didn't hear either of us and was heading back to the ship. When we questioned him, he pulled the bus over and told us we should have told him sooner and told us it would now be $5 per person. I was about to argue, but DH was not sure of the driver's state of mind at this point, and told me to just pay it and get the heck off the bus. As we left the bus, I thanked him for doubling the cost! LOL! Other than that, no problems at all! I would take the bus again. I think he was just a grouchy driver.

Sorry this one was so long. Hope it was helpful! I will put pictures in the next post. My computer is not cooperating at the minute and I am afraid this post will disappear before I click the "submit reply" button.

Well, I have uploaded all of my pictures to Photobucket. Hopefully, I can easily make them viewable to you. Please let me know if you are able to view them. This is the link to the St. Maarten pictures and videos.

http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh509/mel0424/Oasis%20Of%20The%20Seas%20%20St%20Maarten%20Cruise%202012/

I guess the website I used for my signature is doing a Titanic tribute. All of the ships that I sailed on have been changed to the Titanic. Well, that's a bit creepy! Especially when the last one says I sailed on the Titanic in 1982! It is a good tribute though.

enjoying your beautiful review !!! I'll be on oasis on 5/19 and can't wait. do you happen to have a copy of the cruise compasses that you can share? would much appreciate it. thanks!:)

Here is the link to the Cruise Compasses from the March 24, 2012 sailing. Let me know if you have any issues getting to them.

http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh509/mel0424/Oasis%20Of%20The%20Seas%20-%20Cruise%20Compasses/

I did finally get all the Cruise Compasses scanned. I posted them on a new thread though. With any luck, the following link will get you to that thread. If for some reason it does not, do a search for my user name and you should find it.

Cruise Compasses from March 24, 2012 - Oasis Of The Seas

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1616815

Archived