Port to Aix en Provence

Headtke's Wife

Hi everyone,

We are taking the RC splendour of the seas in April and need some help. We would like to see Notre dame and go to Aix en Provence during our one day stop. We need help with how to navigate on our own. I would prefer not to use buses, or taxis but open to the easiest way to get to where we want to go. I have read there are shuttles but can't figure out where they are in relation the the ship.

Also any suggestions on the best things to see or do in Aix, specifically cafe suggestions. Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone' date='

We are taking the RC splendour of the seas in April and need some help. We would like to see Notre dame and go to Aix en Provence during our one day stop. We need help with how to navigate on our own. I would prefer not to use buses, or taxis but open to the easiest way to get to where we want to go. I have read there are shuttles but can't figure out where they are in relation the the ship.

Also any suggestions on the best things to see or do in Aix, specifically cafe suggestions. Thanks everyone![/quote']

We are doing a tour in June with Jennifer of "Tastes of Provence." It is a historic as well as gastronomic adventure.

Thanks! Can I ask are you with a group or just a couple? Also can I ask the costs?

Please go to the web site I listed in my first post. Jennifer's fee is 55E per person however you must get transportation there. She will help you with that.

To get from La Seyne sur Mer to Aix you first need to take a cab to the Seyne sur Mer train station (not Toulon), and the train from there to Marseille. When you get to the train station ask for the buses to Aix. My recollection is that they are through an exit to the right of the station. There will be several buses there and I don't remember the number of the bus to Aix, but if you go to the Tripadvisor Aix forum you will find that info.

When you get to Aix you will get off at the last stop and walk back about 3 blocks then make a left and walk towards the center of town (towards the fountain).

Hope this helps.

I am not a fan of ship tours, but last year we stopped at La Seyne and I wanted a trip to Aix - I looked at all of the public transport options, but the cost of the ship tour was only £35 a person and it really seemed like the cheapest and easiest way of getting there. The tour actually was quite pleasant - we had a commentary on the bus and then when we got to Aix we had a guided tour, my daughter and I went AWOL half way through and DH and eldest stayed with them. It was a Sunday and Aix was quiet - it was a drought so the fountains were not working as they apparently should, but I enjoyed the trip.

Thanks! Can I ask are you with a group or just a couple? Also can I ask the costs?

The tour is 3 hours and cost 55 euros per person. She will arrange transportation for you at an additional charge. It will vary depending upon the size of you group. There is also Delphaine.. She can be contacted at info@transferts-service.com. Take a look at their web site.

Archived