Honfleur, Etretat or Fecamp France

rosebud51

We will be on Jewel of the Seas for a TA cruise in Sept. Our ship docks in LeHarve. We are trying to decide on an excursion to Honfleur or one that goes to Etretat and Fecamp. Has anyone been to any of these places in France?

We will be on Jewel of the Seas for a TA cruise in Sept. Our ship docks in LeHarve. We are trying to decide on an excursion to Honfleur or one that goes to Etretat and Fecamp. Has anyone been to any of these places in France?

I spent 2 days in Honfleur

and loved the town. Very picturesque with plenty to enjoy in the time you will have from a cruise.

All the best, Tony

We had a lovely three day stay in Honfleur a few years ago. It is utterly charming. We used it as a base to visit many of the D-Day sites.We are going on a Seabourn cruise this May that stops in le Harve for two days and can't wait to go back to Honfleur.

We'll be in LeHavre in early June and are trying to decide whether to take the train to Rouen, or a bus or taxi to Honfleur for the day.

I understand transportation, especially by bus from LeHavre to Honfleur is infrequent. What type of transportation did you use? Were taxis readily available in port and if you did use a taxi, do you recall approx. cost?

Thanks

Last time we were in Normandy we rented a car. We had considered hiring a car and driver this time but have instead rented a car for two days to give us maximum flexibility.We were very lucky to be able to reserve an automatic since it has been a number of years since I drove a stickshift and don't want to be ditracted while I am busy getting lost!Our plan for now is to go to Sainte-Mere-Eglise( the one D-day site we missed last time) and spend and hour or two in Honfleur on our way back to le Havre on the first day. On the second day we think we will drive to Rouen --- I understand the river road is quite scenic.

Archived