putting dresses in zip up dress holdhall

Can you? Probably. Should you? I wouldn't ever consider it.

You may not be flying, but that doesn't change how your luggage will be handled. It will be tossed and piled and shoved all over in order to get it onto the ship, and then need to be sorted and taken to your stateroom. I wouldn't count on them handling a plain dress bag any differently, and you run the risk of that bag being torn open and your garments ruined.

Agree!! The baggage is put in bins that do have rods for hanging items. The bags are stacked rather high in those bins so even if the bag was neatly laid out in the bin...the wrinkles would be firmly pressed into the outfit.

Either you carry it yourself, get a sturdy folding garment bag, or pack in your suitcase.

Ok thankyou, I think I will put them in the suit case, I just thought that I had read on here somewhere that people did use them.

I have seen people carrying them on, especially brides!

I prefer putting tissue inside each dress, then putting each dress in its own drycleaner bag. Lay them all on a bed together, then fold to the size of your suitcase, putting more tissue inside each fold, pack them at the last second and hang them up as soon as you get your luggage.

I've only had to hang dresses in the bathroom while I showered a few times, normally the wrinkles are so slight they fall out as soon as the fabric gets warmed by me wearing it.

Of COURSE you can use the dress bags, just carry them on with you (don't check the bags with the porters). We used to live in Florida and always drove to the port and I used those every single cruise.

Archived