Upper berth space for two?

I have an outside cabin Upper Deck booked on the Paradise that has one upper berth and will have a rollaway brought in, both of which are for my two daughters. They are already fighting (playfully) over who gets the upper berth. We had decided they would just take turns, but I'm curious since they like to sleep together anyway...is the upper berth big enough to hold a 14 and a 8 year old together?

My understanding is it's the same size as a twin.

Sometimes, I fall asleep with my 6 year old onhis twin. Trust me, if my big ol butt and a 6 year old can fit in one, your kids can.

Next time book one with 2 uppers if possible to keep them happy.

We would have only been able to get two uppers if we got an inside cabin. Some people will only go aft, or balcony, or a suite. My absolute minimum is that my cabin have a window.

I have an outside cabin Upper Deck booked on the Paradise that has one upper berth and will have a rollaway brought in, both of which are for my two daughters. They are already fighting (playfully) over who gets the upper berth. We had decided they would just take turns, but I'm curious since they like to sleep together anyway...is the upper berth big enough to hold a 14 and a 8 year old together?

I wouldn't put them both up there...it is smaller than a twin I think or maybe it felt that way with the railing and being so close to the ceiling. Anyway, I wouldn't think they would feel very comfortable up there.

We had this problem a few times with my girls and we did a drawing before the cruise. Each girl got a their name in a hat for each week that they kept their room clean, the more names, the better your chance of winning. Winner picked which bed they got. We did this until our older one was about 14...then she automatically got the couch or lower bunk because she came in later after her activities and I was not going to have her crawling over us and our stuff climbing up in the middle of the night if someone else was sleeping. I always stayed awake until she got back but our younger daughter and my husband would go to sleep...

My understanding is it's the same size as a twin.

Sometimes, I fall asleep with my 6 year old onhis twin. Trust me, if my big ol butt and a 6 year old can fit in one, your kids can.

That's really what I was asking...if it was a normal sized twin or bigger. With them both being so small, they probably would want to do it. Although I am assuming that the little one isn't going to just crawl in between me and my wife.

I get the feeling we probably will not be using that rollaway after the first night.

I wouldn't put them both up there...it is smaller than a twin I think or maybe it felt that way with the railing and being so close to the ceiling. Anyway, I wouldn't think they would feel very comfortable up there.

We had this problem a few times with my girls and we did a drawing before the cruise. Each girl got a their name in a hat for each week that they kept their room clean, the more names, the better your chance of winning. Winner picked which bed they got. We did this until our older one was about 14...then she automatically got the couch or lower bunk because she came in later after her activities and I was not going to have her crawling over us and our stuff climbing up in the middle of the night if someone else was sleeping. I always stayed awake until she got back but our younger daughter and my husband would go to sleep...

That was a good idea...we should have used the cruise as an incentive to get some more work out of them. My car does need washing! :)

Archived