alcohol packages ios

If my hubby wanted to purchase the alcohol package on the IOS would they expect me to order the same package or could I order the soda one as I dont drink alcohol.

I am afraid that you will both have to order the same the package, unless you are in different cabins. It didn't start like that but RCI caught on to people going to the bar twice or even ordering from different bars to ensure that their spouse got a drink off the same package. It is unjust for people like you but you can understand why they have done it.

If my hubby wanted to purchase the alcohol package on the IOS would they expect me to order the same package or could I order the soda one as I dont drink alcohol.

The packages are per person. So if you oder a soda package, only you will be charged for and be served the soda package.

Unless this has changed recently, Royal required both guests in a stateroom to purchase the alcohol package.

What is the alcohol package? I have not heard of this.:confused:

It turns your full board package into fully inclusive, you pay approx £40.00 - sixty ish dollers per person per night so that you can drink as much alcohol as you like for a set price.

I can understand how people might abuse it but when its genuine and your other half dosntt drink alcohol its not fair if they are unable to purchase it.Hubby will probably end up ordering the wine package if this is the case as you just get a set amount of bottles. And then pay for the spirits as he gets them. Would you recommend ordering online before we go.

Thankyou

In the Terms & Conditions of the package it says -

7. One of the beverage packages must be purchased by all eligible guests in a

stateroom for any guest to utilise a package. Exceptions may apply and each

ship will have the final say on an exception being granted.

Might be an idea if your DH asks onboard if he can buy the package on his own, perhaps you have a medical reason why you cannot/do not, drink...(no need to explain to us here.).

Hi

I emailed RCI about the packages, the All inclusive beer package is $45 per person per day, the Premium package ie with spirits is $55 per person per day so aprox £28.50 or £35 a day each. My understanding is that every adult in the same cabin has to book it (which you can only do once on board). However, there have been threads on here commenting that it is down to the discretion of the onboard powers that be.

When I worked it out, my husband and I, 14 nights in June on IoS = £980!!!!!

Thankyou for your replys we are ,just trying to decide the best thing to do I don't drink alcohol because of medication that I am on for epilepsy.My hubby likes wine with his meals but when he goes into the bars he likes to drink beer or spirits.I suppose you have to add it all up to see if it is worth paying for a package.I suggested ordering a few bottles of wine in my name then hubby paying for a package but that does add up to quite a bit.Hubby also likes a glass of wine sat on the balcony some nights. What would you suggest to do..

Thankyou for your replys we are ,just trying to decide the best thing to do I don't drink alcohol because of medication that I am on for epilepsy.My hubby likes wine with his meals but when he goes into the bars he likes to drink beer or spirits.I suppose you have to add it all up to see if it is worth paying for a package.I suggested ordering a few bottles of wine in my name then hubby paying for a package but that does add up to quite a bit.Hubby also likes a glass of wine sat on the balcony some nights. What would you suggest to do..

Here are some prices for drinks on the Indy out of Southampton. It includes all gratuities. Just to give you a rough idea of what your bar bill might be.

Bottle red wine at dinner: $32.00

Old Speckled Hen (beer): $7.50

Magner's cider: $7.50

Bottle red wine bought on special in Vintages on the Royal Promenade: $25.00

Beer-of-the-day (notice in Cruise Compass): $5.50

Bottle of red wine at dinner: $33.00

Draft beer, 20 oz: $6.95

Draft beer-of-the-day: $5.00

Cocktail-of-the-day: $6.75

We ordered wine with dinner every night and had no trouble finding a nice red in the $30-35 range. If you don't drink the entire bottle, they'll save it for you for the next day. Or you can take it with you to enjoy elsewhere. We had good luck finding wine at Vintages on the Royal Promenade--they had a basket on the bar of different kinds of wine, all for $25 each. Very limited selection though and only on random days but it's worth checking out. In the Compass you can read what beers and mixed drinks are on special for that day.

Here are some prices for drinks on the Indy out of Southampton. It includes all gratuities. Just to give you a rough idea of what your bar bill might be.

Bottle red wine at dinner: $32.00

Old Speckled Hen (beer): $7.50

Magner's cider: $7.50

Bottle red wine bought on special in Vintages on the Royal Promenade: $25.00

Beer-of-the-day (notice in Cruise Compass): $5.50

Bottle of red wine at dinner: $33.00

Draft beer, 20 oz: $6.95

Draft beer-of-the-day: $5.00

Cocktail-of-the-day: $6.75

We ordered wine with dinner every night and had no trouble finding a nice red in the $30-35 range. If you don't drink the entire bottle, they'll save it for you for the next day. Or you can take it with you to enjoy elsewhere. We had good luck finding wine at Vintages on the Royal Promenade--they had a basket on the bar of different kinds of wine, all for $25 each. Very limited selection though and only on random days but it's worth checking out. In the Compass you can read what beers and mixed drinks are on special for that day.

Ok thankyou , might just get hubby to buy drinks as and when he wants one rather than a package.

Ok thankyou , might just get hubby to buy drinks as and when he wants one rather than a package.

Mercedes, I saved all our receipts because I wanted to go through them and see how much we actually spent on drinks. While we were on the Indy we just ordered what we wanted. I tallied it all up and we didn't come anywhere near drinking enough to justify the per day price of the alcohol package, and yet we always had a beer or two at happy hour, wine at dinner, and an after-dinner drink in the Lounge. Pay-as-you go worked out just fine for us.

Mercedes, I saved all our receipts because I wanted to go through them and see how much we actually spent on drinks. While we were on the Indy we just ordered what we wanted. I tallied it all up and we didn't come anywhere near drinking enough to justify the per day price of the alcohol package, and yet we always had a beer or two at happy hour, wine at dinner, and an after-dinner drink in the Lounge. Pay-as-you go worked out just fine for us.

Oh right will let hubby know because if he did get the alcohol package which includes beer, wine and spirits it would work out at arround £370 for 11 nights just for him without my sodas.

Archived