Great places to eat/drink in Phillipsburg

mrsfuzzmo

Hi All. I've posted this in the St. Thomas thread as well.

We've been to St. Maarten a few times, but usually head over to Orient for the day and spend just a short time in Phillipsburg before we have to head to the ship. This year, before we head to Maho Bay for a while in the afternoon but want something to eat and drink in town.

My 'gang' likes to eat seafood, preferably at local establishments vs. a chain. We like appetizer types of foods, and plenty of cocktails. I know for sure we are going to spend time walking all around. We like cold beer, cheap cocktails and locals snacks! Not looking for fancy or expensive, more of a local "hidden gem" of sorts. We love shrimp, conch, seafood chowders, etc. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All. I've posted this in the St. Thomas thread as well.

We've been to St. Maarten a few times, but usually head over to Orient for the day and spend just a short time in Phillipsburg before we have to head to the ship. This year, before we head to Maho Bay for a while in the afternoon but want something to eat and drink in town.

My 'gang' likes to eat seafood, preferably at local establishments vs. a chain. We like appetizer types of foods, and plenty of cocktails. I know for sure we are going to spend time walking all around. We like cold beer, cheap cocktails and locals snacks! Not looking for fancy or expensive, more of a local "hidden gem" of sorts. We love shrimp, conch, seafood chowders, etc. Any suggestions?

I would suggest Taloula Mangos right on the boardwalk. Good food & service. Up a little further is Hard Rock.

We were in Phillipsburg recently with 5 other ships and a parade in town. Therefore decided to stay close to the port. Took the water taxi and negotiated beach chairs an umbrella and a bucket of beer. Did some shopping on the Main street and headed back on the boardwalk to the wonderful smells of food grilling. A HUGE painting of a ROOSTER caught our eye and we took a picture in front of it. Thats when I noticed the board advetising the menu. We walked up the stairs to find one of the CLEANEST restaurants in the area. They had whole chickens, and sandwiches etc. (dont know about beer or mixed drinks). We ordered a whole roasted chicken and french fries to go. The chicken was cut into pieces and the fries were crispy. We paid $12.00 and took our food to the beach and had a great meal. I was impressed with the owner and chef and how CLEAN the place was. Therefore we highly recommend the ROASTED ROOSTER on the boardwalk.

Irene R

Archived