Wine bottle size????

Buckwild

Im going to get a bottle of champagne to mix mimosas in our room.

Are they sticklers about the suggested wine bottle size? I believe it is 750ml but not 100% sure. Also does anyone have a recommended brand for these mimosas? :rolleyes:

Are they sticklers about the suggested wine bottle size? I believe it is 750ml but not 100% sure. Also does anyone have a recommended brand for these mimosas? :rolleyes:

The size is 750ml But we've taken 1500ml on twice and nothing was said by Carnival staff. I don't know much about champagne but like the Barefoot and Western champagnes. Hope this helps.

Yellow Tail has champagne now with resealable cork.

In Galveston

We got on extra bottles of wine/champagne last week with no questions asked. The guy sort of waved my husband over to the table where they check your bags---but they don't watch that you go there nor have any sort of procedure to get you there. He started over to the table and I said, "are you crazy man?! Get up that escalator...go, go, go!!"

It is 750ml. You can bring 1 per person. Although I brought two bottles in my carry on...mine and my friends' and they didn't say anything.

I've always liked Chandon or Moët & Chandon for a mid priced everyday champagne. Wouldn't spend more if you're going to mix with oj.

Have fun!!

Yellow Tail has champagne now with resealable cork.

In Galveston

We got on extra bottles of wine/champagne last week with no questions asked. The guy sort of waved my husband over to the table where they check your bags---but they don't watch that you go there nor have any sort of procedure to get you there. He started over to the table and I said, "are you crazy man?! Get up that escalator...go, go, go!!"

Were sailing out of Galveston so we will deffinately try it.

750ML is correct.

For mimosas you are supposed to use dry or brut champagne as the sweeter ones change the flavor of the orange juice...

I personally don't like dry...so for brut I like Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reserve Particuliere NV...not too expensive but doesn't taste cheap either. Now, this is assuming they still make it...I don't drink champagne very often so when I bought a case of this YEARS ago, it has lasted me several years...

750ML is correct.

For mimosas you are supposed to use dry or brut champagne as the sweeter ones change the flavor of the orange juice...

I personally don't like dry...so for brut I like Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reserve Particuliere NV...not too expensive but doesn't taste cheap either. Now, this is assuming they still make it...I don't drink champagne very often so when I bought a case of this YEARS ago, it has lasted me several years...

i wasnt aware of that. Ill look into the Brut.

Were sailing out of Galveston so we will deffinately try it.

Galveston is my homeport and I've sailed from there 11 times in the past 6 years....In my opinion it is among the harshest ports to smuggle in. A lot of my friends do, but they are sophisticated rum runner types........

Galveston is my homeport and I've sailed from there 11 times in the past 6 years....In my opinion it is among the harshest ports to smuggle in. A lot of my friends do, but they are sophisticated rum runner types........

thanks for the heads up...

I think that is probably true if you are smuggling liquor in your suitcase...we didn't do this. But, having an adult with 2 bottles of wine rather than 1 in carry-on they just assume that the other bottle is for your spouse....and then the spouse (4 or 5 people ahead or behind also has 2). You get the picture. We just wanted wine for our balcony and at dinner. We spent our share in the Red Frog and for frozen treats by the pool!

Archived