Cabin selection on Carnival Liberty

newzandile

We are planning a Spring Break cruise for 2013. It will be the first for DH and his two kids (my bonus kids) who will be 16 and 14. It will be my 4th and my son's 3rd (he will be 11 by then). We've decided on the Western itinerary for the Liberty out of Miami and some friends are going as well, they are on the Valor this week and are booking on board and will bring us back some friends and family vouchers so we will book next week.

Since we we will have almost a whole year to pay for this I'm tempted to splurge, DH doesn't get much time off and most of what he does get is devoted to boy scouts. We haven't done a whole family vacation other than a weekend at a driveable beach or a camping trip ever (2nd marriage so we've only been a family 3-4 years).

We could do an ocean suite and an interior across the hall; or

A regular balcony and an interior across the hall; or

A premium balcony on Deck 8 and an interior down the hall (about 4-5 cabins down, that is all that is left); or

A wrap balcony and an interior on Deck 6 (the deck 6 wraps seem much more exposed with very little shade which concerns me but maybe I'm being paranoid); or

A wrap balcony and an adjacent aft balcony on Deck 7; or

A wrap balcony and an interior on Deck 8 (again, the only interior left on that deck is down the hall a ways).

Anyone have any thoughts / recommendations / warnings? Our friends that we will be traveling with always book PT rooms for themselves and interiors for their sons but they cruise several times a year. My husband is a morning person and I know he would prefer to watch sunrises from his own space in his boxers every morning and I've never had a balcony. He is susceptible to motion sickness but I've only really seen it when we went skydiving and on a helicopter tour and those two activities are probably not terribly comparable to ship movement.

Thanks for any input!

Grab the balcony with the interior across the hall. If the 3 kids are in the same room and you have the balcony, why do you need any more space with a suite or a bigger balcony? The whole ship is for hanging out. I say save the extra money for on board purchases and excursions. You have a balcony, really what more do you want?

Grab the balcony with the interior across the hall. If the 3 kids are in the same room and you have the balcony, why do you need any more space with a suite or a bigger balcony? The whole ship is for hanging out. I say save the extra money for on board purchases and excursions. You have a balcony, really what more do you want?

I totally agree with this choice. In addition, with children at the ages your's are, I would want them directly across from me not 4 or 5 cabins away. :)

Save the extra money by booking this combination and use it for a night in the steakhouse or towards an excursion. JMHO

I also agree. I think the kids being across the hall is the best idea. If it's just the two of you then you really should have enough room in the balcony. Save the money a suite would cost and take the family to the steak house one night or do something special!

Thanks guys, that is making more and more sense. I get over excited and sometimes need folks to help me put on the brakes a bit! :p I think the only reason I wanted more balcony would be so that all 5 of us could congregate there but I don't really know when we would do that.

Archived