What would you do?

Im at my wits end and would like to hear your ideas on this. I am cruising with my parents in January. We booked adjoining balcony rooms (8c). While checking my ES prices, I found that there were free upgrades available from (8c to 8e). I called my PVP (this will be my 3rd cruise with her) and she did our upgrade and said she would also submit our ES paperwork for the price. A few days later I got an email saying that I had been approved and my price was adjusted. My parents on the other hand were denied. To make a long story short, after a few phone calls, I found that the PVP completed the ES form incorrectly on theirs which is why it was denied. Now, after 6 phone calls and emails not only to my PVP but to others at CCL as well, they still have not had their price adjusted. My PVP keeps telling us she doesnt understand and will resubmit only to be denied again, and when I speak to anyone else, they tell me the price is no longer available so they are not eligible. Obviously my parents are not happy since I told them how wonderful my PVP is an there would be no problem and we get a better location on the ship. Im really not sure what to do now. Id love to hear your ideas. Ive never had a problem with CCL or this PVP before. I understand that mistakes are made and am not upset about that, but I do think that since she made the mistake, she should fix it somehow. :(

I agree with you. If you both booked at the same time, with the same PVP and both booked ES and your PVP submitted both forms, then she should do something to fix it. She obviously has a record of the price at the time she submitted the forms and can prove it. My PVP doesn't submit my ES adjustments for me. I've never heard of them doing them for anybody. I thought it was up to the customer to do them. Maybe this would be the reason why.

I would tell your PVP that if she values you as a customer, she needs to get this rectified since she was the one that made the error.

I thought PVP's were not allowed to submit ES claims and that you have to do it yourself.

That's what I thought until I changed PVP's and my new one always does it for me. My last two would send me the form when I asked :rolleyes:

They made a mistake when they denied mine last Nov and I called the main department for the earlier saver - on the form or the deny email they sent and dealt with them for 2 days (price was long gone) but they figured out the problem and fixed it. Your PVP needs to call and discuss the denial not just keep resending the forms. Get the form and the denial email and do it yourself if you have too.

This happened to me as well. I had 3 cabins I submitted early saver forms for. 2 were approved, 1 was denied. You have proof that you received the right rate for your cabin that was approved, so they must accept the denied cabin as long as they were submitted at the same time. You need to call carnival customer service and handle this yourself. It takes a little time, but keep pushing them. It took me 30 minutes on the phone and several representatives before mine was corrected. As long as you can show proof of your submission at the same time as there's Carnival should approve it. Good Luck!!

I thought PVP's were not allowed to submit ES claims and that you have to do it yourself.

Some might, but they aren't supposed to. And this situation is probably why (errors/problems/etc). I don't mind doing it myself; I like to keep as much control as possible over my bookings.

Thank you all,

I will call customer solutions this weekend if nothing happens by then. I just sent one last email to my PVP telling her how wonderful she has always been and how confident I am that she will make this right somehow. I even suggested OBC. We'll see what her reply is.

In the past I have always done my own ES forms, and this time when she said she would do it, I assumed she had to because of the upgrade. Lesson learned for me. Ill do it myself even if it means two forms get turned in. If I made the mistake, I can only blame myself right?

Here's how the Early Saver program works:

1. When you book a 3-5 day cruise three months in advance, or 6 day or longer cruise five months in advance, you are assured the lowest rate.

2. In the unlikely event that you do find a lower Carnival-advertised rate* after booking your cruise, we will honor it and adjust your cruise rate accordingly. Simply fill out the Price Protection Claim form and we'll take care of the rest. If you booked your cruise with a travel agent and need to make a Price Protection Claim, simply contact your travel agent and they will submit it for you.

I thought the same as you and look what I just found on the Carnival website. Seems things are changing all the time.:)

Exactly.

I don't even think Carnival wants PVP's submitting ES price protection forms for people. Plus, if I booked ES, I'd want to fill it out myself to make sure it was done correctly. If the PVP filled it out wrong and now the rate is no longer available,I don't think the PVP can, in reality, do anything about that, since they don't make the rules and it's not up to them if ES price protection OBC/upgrades are approved.

Well, my email this morning seemed to be the ticket. The price adjustment was made this morning. Isnt that interesting. A little sweet talk and goes a long way apparently. :D Thanks again for all of your input.

Glad your PVP got the OBC for you. If I were you though, next time, I'd do it myself. Seems to be less stressful ;)

Well, my email this morning seemed to be the ticket. The price adjustment was made this morning. Isnt that interesting. A little sweet talk and goes a long way apparently. :D Thanks again for all of your input.

Seems you updated while i was typing my post. Glad it worked out. The moral of the story may be to fill out the ES price protection claim form yourself to make sure it's done right, but that maight just be the OCD in me. Anyway again, glad it worked out. :)

Archived