how to get to port from airport with a toddler?

HalfMoon

I agree with B&Z's Mom. We took our then 15 month on a cruise a little over a year ago. We did not bring her car seat, so we had arranged (supposedly) for transport that included a car seat.

We took a large hotel shuttle (similar to a bus) from the FLL Airport to our hotel. We then had a shuttle service, that was to provide a car seat, from the airport to the port.

However, the cab arrived without a car seat, saying the previous passenger's child threw up in the car seat and she threw it out.

I didn't miss lugging the car seat, but if you can just do the cruise shuttle bus, it would be less stressful. Since we were staying one day pre-cruise the cruise shuttle bus wasn't an option.

we decided to rent a car from FLL airport to the port in Miami. I didn't want to bring our car seat so we are renting one from the rental place. We are arriving very early the day of our cruise and didn't want to wait around the airport with our luggage and 3 year old a couple of hours for a shuttle. Between the car and seat its $50. If you decided to go with a bus company you do not need a car seat.

That sounds like a good idea is there a rental car company drop off at the port.

Archived