Local or Daylight Savings Time for Carnival?

cowhip

I'm trying to book an excursion and was asked if when Carnival docks in Belize--when they tell their passengers they are docked from 8am to 6 pm.....is that in local Belize time (Central) or would it be in Daylight Savings time? Would really appreciate if anyone out there knows!!!

THANKS!

cowhip

This continues to be a big question..

I leave out of Miami on Sunday and I called Carnival and I was told our boat (Valor) will stay on Miami time and to adjust the printed port times to the local time.

Ex Cozumel is Central time 1hr behind Miami printed port time is 11-11 which will really be 10-10.

This is my 5th cruise and we have always stayed on ship time, never have we adjusted our clock to port/local time but I hear other Carnival cruisers say otherwise.

For Carnival, it depends on whether the port of embarkation is in the Central Time zone or Eastern time zone. USUALLY (maybe always) ships from Texas and Louisiana adjust ship time to the local time. Ships from Florida stay on East coast time. Quite consistent, wouldn't you say?

Heres what I was told...... all Carnival passengers set their time to the local time of the port they originally leave from. We are leaving from Galveston --so its Central AND Daylight Savings time. Even though Belize is on Central Time...they do NOT honor daylight savings time. So.... the final answer is that when we arrive in June even though the boat time is 8:00 am.... the local time will be one hour behind or 7:00 am! This really is important if you are trying to time excursions with the local tour companies.

I have my :) answer. Thanks to those that gave me their feedback!

We were on the Glory two weeks ago and we stayed on ship's time which is eastern daylight time. The CD John Heald told us not to worry about Belize time but believe it is 2 hours behind ship's time. Cozumel was on the same time as ship's time.

I just called Carnival yesterday and the guy was confused - told me that ship adjusts time to every port! I don't think he knew a thing..........but since I have booked a private tour, do I tell him we are there at 6am his time if our ship arrives at 8am ship time?

Archived