Miracle OR Glory???

Hogladyrider

Looking to book a 7 day cruise for April or May 2006 on either the Miracle or Glory, anyone have any preferences? :confused:

I have sailed on the Holiday, Sensation, Imagination and Inspiration.

Why Miracle or Glory you ask? They both sail out of our "home" ports of Tampa and Port Canaveral which are only an hours drive from our home which we prefer.

We love the days at sea and the ports of call are not a deciding factor.

Miracle is a Sun to Sun Western Caribbean while Glorida is Sat to Sat both Eastern and Western Caribbean.

It's tough making a decision with all these wonderful choices. Looking forward to your input! :) Susan

Hi!

There was a thread about this not too long ago. I think the concensus was the Glory.

I can't make up my mind between Glory or Miracle- Help please..

You can also try here:

Miracle or Glory?

I'm booked for the Miracle in September. A lot of people like the Spirit class ships, so I'm curious.

I've been on the Glory and loved her. I think I'm liking the Ports of Call better for the Glory also.

Either way, make sure you try the Supper Club at least once. The Emerald Room on the Glory was amazing. I'm sure Nick & Nora's on the Miracle will be equally wonderful.

We went on the Glory last summer, and are going on the Miracle May 29. Had a great time on the Glory. We went on the Pride year before last, and that was my favorite ship so far, so I am looking forward to the Miracle. Will post a review and comparison when we return. Only 32 more days!

I would take the Miracle over the Glory in a heartbeat. I have been on the Glory and while the ship is ok I do not like the design of the ship. I have been on two of the Spirit class ships and IMHO they are the best in the Carnival fleet. The Glory has a crowded feeling around the pool areas and also on the promenade deck.

I would take the Miracle over the Glory in a heartbeat.

Psst ... Cruisingator ... She's already booked! Shhh!

HogLadyRider ~ You'll have a blast. Wonderful ship and great ports of call. Enjoy! :D

Well we booked the Glory for the Eastern route for April 29, 2006. Asked the b/f which he wanted Western or Eastern and he chose. It's wonderful having another cruise to look forward to and count down.:)

Me too that is the one we will be on!

DH and I celebrated 25th wedding anniversary on the Glory last June and it was amazing. We leave on the Miracle in a little over 2 weeks.

I'm not sure why the difference, but we booked a guarantee balcony room on the Glory the last week of June and got upgraded to a suite. We are booked on the Miracle the last week of May (we booked in May to try and beat the out of school rush) and there's not a vacant room to be upgraded to. It appears to be full and has been for some time.

Will post a comparison when we get back.

The Glory would feel more crowded because it is more crowded. In fact it's 850 people more crowded than the Miracle and a big 11 feet shorter! You got to put those extra people some where and sounds like the pool area is it.

The Glory would feel more crowded because it is more crowded. In fact it's 850 people more crowded than the Miracle and a big 11 feet shorter! You got to put those extra people some where and sounds like the pool area is it.

The Glory is 110,000 tons and the Miracle is 86,000 tons. The Glory is about ten foot wider than the Miracle. The space ratio for the Spirit class vessels is the highest in the Carnival fleet and the Conquest class is one of the lowest if not the lowest.

T The space ratio for the Spirit class vessels is the highest in the Carnival fleet and the Conquest class is one of the lowest if not the lowest.

Not even close to being true:

Miracle 41.6

Glory 37.0

Imagination 34.3

Holiday 31.0

Not even close to being true:

Miracle 41.6

Glory 37.0

Imagination 34.3

Holiday 31.0

Bottom line: The Spirit class has the most space per passenger of any Carnival ship. That was my point. Also I have been on all four of the class ships of Carnival and the Conquest class feels the most crowded due to the design.

That extra 10 feet wide is taken up by 5 foot balconies on each side not public areas. The Glory has a lot more rooms which accounts of the increased tonage. It's not in the public areas which is why the Glory has a lower space ratio than the Miracle. I'm not knocking the Glory, just agreeing with others that it feels more crowded.

Just my opinion, but I would go for the Miracle. I've been on the Pride, the Legend (2x) and just got back from the Glory. I thought it felt crowded and we spent a lot of times wating in lines. I never encountered the same amount of crowding on any of the Spirit class sailings I took. My personal opinion is that they added all that space onto the Glory in the form of cabins, but didn't increase the space of the public rooms by much. This cruise was going to determine whether we book our next one on the Liberty or a different ship. After sailing on the Glory, I seriously doubt we'll book the Liberty. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time, the food was great, the service was great, I just didn't like the crowded feeling. If you don't mind that, go for it!

That extra 10 feet wide is taken up by 5 foot balconies on each side not public areas.

Not disagreeing that the Glory is more crowded than Miracle but the Miracle has balconies on each side too so the Glory's usable deck space for public areas is at least 10 ft wider than the Miracle's. Also, look at the deck plans for each ship. The Miracle becomes much narrower on the top decks while the Glory uses it's full width.

I agree with you Sunkey1. They just added cabins on the Glory, PLUS it is so chopped up you can't get from point A to Point B without going up a set of elevators and down another to move forward. I hated the Glory. We went on the Pride which is the Spirit Class same as the Miracle and loved it, in fact we went twice, just two months apart. I'm booked on the Miracle for Sept. and looking forward to it.

Archived