Are the pools heated ?

Michelle82

We are going to Alaska in May with another couple. The other couple have never been on a cruise before and really want to go in the pool. I told them it would be to cold to use the pool but they really want to and are hoping the pool is heated. Does anyone know. The ship is Sapphire Princess. Thanks

Thank You for the replies. I did call Princess and was told that every pool on every ship is heated (both outside and inside pools). Even when cruising in the warm weather areas. They also told me Princess tries to keep all interior places on the ships between 72 and 74 degrees. However the upper decks are harder to heat so those deck interiors may be in the mid to upper 60's. Thanks again for all your help. I love reading all the comments on Cruise Critic.

The pools are also fresh water and not sea water.

Children are not allowed in the Lotus pool which is the indoor pool.

~Doris~

Not true. The Lotus Pool is near the Lotus Spa and is adults only. The Calypso pool is covered and open for everyone.

And yes, all the pools are heated BUT that doesn't mean they will be warm!! They change the water from time to time and when they do, the water is COLD!! It sometimes takes a day or two for them to heat up to a comfortable temp.

But like someone else said, the kids won't mind!!

The pools are also fresh water and not sea water.

Children are not allowed in the Lotus pool which is the indoor pool.

~Doris~

Thanks for SOX Fan for your followup to Doris. I was getting nervous since I'm taking my kids in June

The indoor pool will be fine and it won't be popular on an Alaskan itinerary. The last time we went to Alaska the outside pool was never filled. I also remember seeing a woman in a half-length wetsuit sitting dangling her feet in one of the spa pools; if only I had thought of that - it was freezing cold after all.

Archived