OBC denied

kmbp66

If you submit an OBC form.....and from so reason you are not "entitled" to the OBC ...will you get an e mail telling you that you didn't get it ?:rolleyes:

In my experience, no. I had to call 11 days later to be told that it was denied 3 days after I submitted.

Maybe it depends on the person or how backed up the office is? Friends of ours heard back about OBC being denied about 5 days after they submitted, In this case, everyone except that one cabin had booked early saver, and all the cabins dropped, so we submitted for all of them, completely forgetting that one wasn't early saver. They caught it, and I was like "Oh right duh!" lol

I have been hearing back on mine within 24 hours of submitting. This has been within the last week. I submitted one for a friend and did get an E mail back with a denial and the reason within 24 hours as well. Waiting on word for my second submission now. I will let you know how long this one takes:)

I put in 3 early saver requests yesterday. Received the email immediately that they had received my requests. 2 hours later I had the new cabin confirmations with the rate change in my email. It's luck of the draw who receives it, how fast they can verify it, etc. I have had denials sent to me the same day and up to 5 days later. Resubmit if you need to. All of my denials were eventually approved. Take a screen shot for your records...it truly is helpful. Good luck.

If you submit an OBC form.....and from so reason you are not "entitled" to the OBC ...will you get an e mail telling you that you didn't get it ?:rolleyes:

Regardless of where in payment process I am or whether I booked early saver or not, I have NEVER failed to get some type of compensation for a price drop. I booked an inside upper/lower a while back and actually (if I remember correctly) it was a nonrefundable pack and go special, yet when the price dropped I still was able to upgrade to a balcony for only $75 per person. When the aft balcony price lowered to what I paid for the balcony, I was able to change to the aft. I've NEVER submitted a form. I just give them a call. If I booked through a travel agent I call the travel agent who then calls them. If I book directly with the cruise line, I call them. I cruise frequently and the cruise lines realize the value of repeat customers, so when faced with a customer on the phone that they can make happy or they can make unhappy they usually opt for happy.

Or in my case, I clicked would prefer an upgrade and under 24 hrs I got a reply that I was credited $40 off my current charge... So, what should I do now? I was going to hold out in hope that an OV would come down to the price we paid for our interior and then upgrade but now I can't... ???

I have submitted 6 forms.

ONE time, I got an email saying I wasnt eligible (correct, I misread the category)

The other 5 times, I only got confirmation of our credit once and thats when they moved us from an interior to an OV.

I always get a reply back. I have gotten yes's and I have also gotten a couple No's.

Once I submitted a form for a $10 price drop and they said it was a "glitch" in the system. In my mind, I'm like a glitch is something WAY off like $500...but whatever...denied!

Another time they denied me and did NOT give a reason. I sent back a screen shot of the price drop and they promptly fixed the price HA! I win! :p

I've submitted 12 so far on two cruises. I always got the automated "we received it" message almost immediately. Acceptance/Denial notification was sent on all 12, some the same day, most the next day, and once or twice in 3-5 days.

I was denied twice - both were when the fare I had and the one I was requesting were different in the amount of promotional OBC associated with them. Once when I did not have any promotional OBC and wanted to match to a (higher) rate that did have promotional OBC, they gave me a number to call to discuss the OBC and was then approved. Once in the opposite direction, I wanted to match to a (lower) fare that did not have OBC associated with it when I currently had promotional OBC. On that one I just got a denial saying they could not confirm the rate. I had a screenshot so I sent in a copy of the denial and the screenshot. That message was ignored for 5 days so I called them to see what was going on, and after going through the numbers and looking at the history of fare changes on my booking they approved the change.

Or in my case, I clicked would prefer an upgrade and under 24 hrs I got a reply that I was credited $40 off my current charge... So, what should I do now? I was going to hold out in hope that an OV would come down to the price we paid for our interior and then upgrade but now I can't... ???

They may only do the upgrade using the form if you are paid in full. Personally, I wouldn't want to take the chance of them upgrading me to a better category room, but in a terrible location. If the price for the OV drops to an amount that you would feel comfortable paying, you can do what I did...

We had already received $80 in price drops on our 3 pax interior, but then I saw that the price of a 3 pax OV had dropped to where it only cost $100 more total than what our current rate was.

I pulled up a mock booking to see the OV rooms that were available, found the one that I was interested in and called Carnival. I was able to tell them the price I was seeing and also exactly which OV room I wanted to upgrade to. Within a few minutes of speaking to the rep, my Cruise Manager screen reflected the $100 price difference and showed our new room.

After the upgrade, I was able to stay ES and got 2 more price drops ($70 total) the next day for the OV room.

oh my...I think i filled out the form wrong..:eek: hope they can figure out what I was sending them...:rolleyes:then again

The last time I submitted a form for a price drop, I had trouble with PC and the form got sent twice. I got a denial letter stating they could not locate the price drop, then I noticed right after denial letter when I was checking Manage My Cruise, I did get the price drop. Guess they gave it to me the first time and when they saw another email, they just sent a denial letter. I was upset at first because I booked ES and couldn't understand the denial letter. It didn't make sense :rolleyes::confused:

When you fill out the ES price drop form and it asks for total price you see, do you include the taxes or cruise price only?

Too scared to ask again on my own thread as some think i am trying to steal from Carnival lol.

Den

When you fill out the ES price drop form and it asks for total price you see, do you include the taxes or cruise price only?

Too scared to ask again on my own thread as some think i am trying to steal from Carnival lol.

Den

The price match is for cruise price only. Don't include the taxes & fees.

The price match is for cruise price only. Don't include the taxes & fees.

Keep in mind that if the port charges/taxes have changed they will change when you rebook/upgrade so the price to look at in that case would be the TOTAL cabin price.

i've applied for a bunch of them during the past month and have received replies within less than a day with approvals. however last one i applied was denied, they're saying the interior guarantee rate shown on the site is a 1a category even though when i go through the site it only says interior guarantee it says nothing about it being a 1a category. i called them over the phone and submitted photos but they say that if their system is showing it as a 1A there's nothing they can do about it even if the website has it listed as an interior gty

i've applied for a bunch of them during the past month and have received replies within less than a day with approvals. however last one i applied was denied, they're saying the interior guarantee rate shown on the site is a 1a category even though when i go through the site it only says interior guarantee it says nothing about it being a 1a category. i called them over the phone and submitted photos but they say that if their system is showing it as a 1A there's nothing they can do about it even if the website has it listed as an interior gty

Are you trying to price-match Early Saver to a Guarantee Rate?

What Cabin Category are you booked?

What ship & sailing date?

ken

Archived