Upsells on Liberty

SHELLKOV

Hi all. It's been awhile since I've been on here. So I'm sure this topic has been discussed, but I looked it up and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. We just booked a Cat. 11 on the Liberty a few days ago. We were told on the phone that we will more than likely get a call from Carnival trying to upsell us to a Cat. 12. I would love to do that, but of course it would depend on how much money they want. My question is....How many of you have received this offer, what were the difference in the prices, and how far in advance is this offer normally made? I am curious as to if the amounts vary from person to person and how they decide on this amount. Does it make a difference if you are a Platinum member? This will be our 15th cruise, and our 14th with Carnival. Looking forward to hearing some answers. Thank you!!

Hi all. It's been awhile since I've been on here. So I'm sure this topic has been discussed, but I looked it up and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. We just booked a Cat. 11 on the Liberty a few days ago. We were told on the phone that we will more than likely get a call from Carnival trying to upsell us to a Cat. 12. I would love to do that, but of course it would depend on how much money they want. My question is....How many of you have received this offer, what were the difference in the prices, and how far in advance is this offer normally made? I am curious as to if the amounts vary from person to person and how they decide on this amount. Does it make a difference if you are a Platinum member? This will be our 15th cruise, and our 14th with Carnival. Looking forward to hearing some answers. Thank you!!

Shellkov,

Upsell calls usually begin ~3 weeks out and continue until your cruise is sold out; prices are better closer to sailing. They may or may not call you more than once, but they WILL sell every room.

Platinum should make a difference, but I believe they just go down the list of lesser category cabins.

You can offer less than they are asking and they'll either accept or decline. We only opted to buy in one time and it was the second time they had called.

Carnival has called at least one time that I know of for our cruise this Saturday; I didn't answer the phone because we're booked in an aft wrap. As of last night a Captain's suite was still open for our sailing, but I like our aft wrap. If they reach me and make it irresistable, I may move our boys to the Captain's suite. :cool:

Thank you so much for your reply PaulMedik....It's great to know that we can at least try to make our own offer if they do call. And maybe we will try to hold out and hope for at least a second phone call with an offer. But if not, I am perfectly happy with what we have. But it would be nice to try a bigger suite. We were upgraded on the Spirit from an 8A unassigned to an 11. They also bumped our neighbors (their first cruise) to an 11 also, right next door to us. They booked under our name with us, so they were lucky enough to get such a great upgrade.

We had a wrap around balcony on the Valor last September. LOVED IT!!!!

Let me know if you get your Captains Suite. I will be curious to know.

Enjoy your cruise in a couple of days!

Archived