So frustrated with Carnival and the pre-paid gratuities!

bankonus

[quote name='sharecruises']We really need a head banging smiley to use around here..

some people apparently do NOT read the OP , they are soooo eager to chime in and brag about how much they tip, they pull every thread off topic

The fact is that "replacing" the prepaid tips booking is really sneaky

it is poor CUSTOMER SERVICE...AND THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT

:eek::confused::eek::confused:

I need a head bang smiley here[/quote]

How bout this one?

[IMG]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/bash.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='Lets Ride']Good Evening. Easy fix after boarding go guest services and have them remove or lower tips. We never tip on Carnivore, service is not up to RCCL standards, cruise rate is less .[/QUOTE]

speechless :eek:

Love the Headbanging Smiley!
Me...a cheapskate? HARDLY! All I can say to those who post off topic.....find something better to do with your time. Thanks to all of you who ACTUALLY read the post first before you started bashing my tipping abilities. I would never reduce tips, even if the ship sank!:D All the people who strive to make my cruise wonderful always get all their tips and then some. I was just frustrated with Carnival. I will continue to sail and wish everyone the best cruises ever.

"After careful consideration, our gratuity guidelines will be increasing from $10.00 per person per day to $11.50 per person per day with voyages departing December 1, 2011 and onward. Guests who have pre-paid their gratuities will not be affected by this change."

Exact quote from the email sent to me on November 1, 2011, after I had a paid-in-full ES cruise booked for December. No mention of "unless you get a price drop".

[quote name='Lets Ride']Good Evening. Easy fix after boarding go guest services and have them remove or lower tips. We never tip on Carnivore, service is not up to RCCL standards, cruise rate is less .[/quote]

You don't tip at all?

If you don't like the service, why cruise with Carnival at all?

[quote name='Twibbs']"After careful consideration, our gratuity guidelines will be increasing from $10.00 per person per day to $11.50 per person per day with voyages departing December 1, 2011 and onward. Guests who have pre-paid their gratuities will not be affected by this change."

Exact quote from the email sent to me on November 1, 2011, after I had a paid-in-full ES cruise booked for December. No mention of "unless you get a price drop".[/QUOTE]

same email I received but I had only paid my deposit at that stage and agreed to pre pay gratuities as part of my automatic final payment.

I still only got charged the old amount even though my final was 5 1/2 months after the email.

Even though its such a small amount of money and hardly worth talking about it does raise the question of how gratuities are distributed!

For those of us who paid the lower amount for a cruise that has the higher amount being charged now,who gets what? Will Carnival make up the difference if the tips are going to staff or will some staff get less until all bookings post December 1

Den

[quote name='fishtaco']same email I received but I had only paid my deposit at that stage and agreed to pre pay gratuities as part of my automatic final payment.

I still only got charged the old amount even though my final was 5 1/2 months after the email.

Even though its such a small amount of money and hardly worth talking about it does raise the question of how gratuities are distributed!

For those of us who paid the lower amount for a cruise that has the higher amount being charged now,who gets what? Will Carnival make up the difference if the tips are going to staff or will some staff get less until all bookings post December 1

Den[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, only S0 cents of the increase is going to your wait staff; 30 cents to your wait staff (10 cents a meal), and 20 cents to your room steward.

the othe dollar is going to pay for the raises of full salaried entertainment, guest service, and hotel staff, none of which are traditional tipping jobs.

[quote name='Lets Ride']Good Evening. Easy fix after boarding go guest services and have them remove or lower tips. We never tip on Carnivore, service is not up to RCCL standards, cruise rate is less .[/quote]

More misinformation.....prepaid tips can not be removed or changed
LOL LOL LOL

Archived