Motels in nola end of february

SIENA6334

I JUST READ ON A ROLL CALL THAT MOST OF THE HOTELS ARE BOOKED FOR THE END OF FEBRUARY IN NOLA. WE SAIL ON FEB. 24 AND USUALLY FLY IN A DAY EARLY. I THOUGHT MARDI GRAS WOULD BE OVER BY THEN. DOES ANYONE NO IF WE WILL HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME GETTING A ROOM THE SATURDAY BEFORE WE SAIL?:eek:

• 2 months later...
I JUST READ ON A ROLL CALL THAT MOST OF THE HOTELS ARE BOOKED FOR THE END OF FEBRUARY IN NOLA. WE SAIL ON FEB. 24 AND USUALLY FLY IN A DAY EARLY. I THOUGHT MARDI GRAS WOULD BE OVER BY THEN. DOES ANYONE NO IF WE WILL HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME GETTING A ROOM THE SATURDAY BEFORE WE SAIL?:eek:

Hello. I am on the same sailing as you I assume. I also sail out of Nola on Feb 24th. Are you on the Conquest? We are Staying at the quality inn in Gretna. I have seen some rates at the holiday inn super dome for about 175 per night in that Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we are on the same cruise!! I have never been to New Orleans so I am very excited. I keep watching the prices, but worry about booking too early. I have researched some websites trying to get an idea if something "major" is going on then but again, it's a bit too early. Thanks for the information, I will definitely check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, we are on the same cruise!! I have never been to New Orleans so I am very excited. I keep watching the prices, but worry about booking too early. I have researched some websites trying to get an idea if something "major" is going on then but again, it's a bit too early. Thanks for the information, I will definitely check it out.

Come join our roll call lots of interesting information about our cruise and things to do in Nola.

Hello. I am on the same sailing as you I assume. I also sail out of Nola on Feb 24th. Are you on the Conquest? We are Staying at the quality inn in Gretna. I have seen some rates at the holiday inn super dome for about 175 per night in that Saturday.

I am curious why you would want to stay across the river in Gretna?

I am curious why you would want to stay across the river in Gretna?

I like the amenities this hotel has to offer. As well as the free shuttle to and from the cruise port and free parking for the week.

Is there a reason I shouldn't want to stay there? I've never been to Nola before. This hotel had been recommended to me by a few people who has stayed and sailed from Nola.

I like the amenities this hotel has to offer. As well as the free shuttle to and from the cruise port and free parking for the week.

Is there a reason I shouldn't want to stay there? I've never been to Nola before. This hotel had been recommended to me by a few people who has stayed and sailed from Nola.

No, I am not going to say you should not stay there. It just seems to me that the west bank (where the hotel is located) is a little removed from all of the touristy things that most people want to see when they come to New Orleans. But since you have your own car, you can drive back across the river to do any sight seeing and such. There is basically nothing around your hotel that is much interest. Have you looked at any of the downtown hotels?

I am staying at the same hotel in Nov. The reason that I picked this hotel is recommendation from other people on my roll call. We have a bunch of people staying at this hotel. Since, I am driving the free parking is a plus. It also has a free shuttle to/from the cruise port. The cool thing is that we shall be going past the boats on the way to the Canal street ferry terminal which should make for some night photos. One another good thing is that they will shuttle you to the ferry, which for free, will take you to Canal street from where you can walk into the French Quarter. N.O hotels are way overpriced especially when there are events going on. On my upcoming Nov cruise, we have the Bayou Classic going on which is making it near impossible to find an affordable hotel. The ones you do find have a minimum night requirement of like two nights. I believe that the hotel provides the free shuttle to the ferry up to 9pm.

No, I am not going to say you should not stay there. It just seems to me that the west bank (where the hotel is located) is a little removed from all of the touristy things that most people want to see when they come to New Orleans. But since you have your own car, you can drive back across the river to do any sight seeing and such. There is basically nothing around your hotel that is much interest. Have you looked at any of the downtown hotels?

Okay I was worried for a moment. Lol. As I started before I have never cruised out of Nola so I wasn't sure of I had made a bad choice. Yes I'm driving in so if I do go in town the night before I will have my own transportation.

I also read that the hotel offers some sore of free ferry or shuttle to it. Not sure exactly but I will look more into it the closer we get to sailing.

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna even go into the city the night before. I may be too tired from driving.

I tried downtown first when considering a hotel. I didn't find too many that offered shuttle service and parking included. The hotel is 129 plus tax. Parking alone at the port is 112 so I am okay with this hotel unless I can find something in town that's too much more than where I am already booked. I have looked at SOO many hotels in Nola. I guess there is a few things goin on while I will be in town. A monster truck show and something else. So I ASSume that's why more the hotels are booked or the rates are higher. I'm still looking tho.

I hope you enjoy your stay down here.

Thank you. Do you have any personal suggestions as far as hotels go? I was originally booked at Holiday inn in Meatrie(spelling?) something like that. But was told that's even further away than west bank. As I said before I have never been that way so not sure whats where.

I am staying at the same hotel in Nov. The reason that I picked this hotel is recommendation from other people on my roll call. We have a bunch of people staying at this hotel. Since, I am driving the free parking is a plus. It also has a free shuttle to/from the cruise port. The cool thing is that we shall be going past the boats on the way to the Canal street ferry terminal which should make for some night photos. One another good thing is that they will shuttle you to the ferry, which for free, will take you to Canal street from where you can walk into the French Quarter. N.O hotels are way overpriced especially when there are events going on. On my upcoming Nov cruise, we have the Bayou Classic going on which is making it near impossible to find an affordable hotel. The ones you do find have a minimum night requirement of like two nights. I believe that the hotel provides the free shuttle to the ferry up to 9pm.

Yes I seen some as high as almost 400$$. I also seen where his hotel has a bar and offers a complementary drink upon arrival. Hoping that's true still.

So tell me about this ferry. How does it work? When does it run? Where does it take you?

This sounds fun. Although I will also be driving in the ferry sounds like something I would like to try maybe(?)

Yes I seen some as high as almost 400$$. I also seen where his hotel has a bar and offers a complementary drink upon arrival. Hoping that's true still.

So tell me about this ferry. How does it work? When does it run? Where does it take you?

This sounds fun. Although I will also be driving in the ferry sounds like something I would like to try maybe(?)

I have never tried the ferry. Will the first time in Nov.

Below is the website.

http://www.friendsoftheferry.org/

We just booked the Staybridge Inn for the night before and 4 nights after our Feb. 24 cruise. I checked different websites for prices then called the hotel directly. Got the rooms for $119 a night with free breakfast. The TripAdvisor reviews are mostly very positive. The rooms were listing for $144 on the night before the cruise so we asked since we were staying 4 nights after if we could have the same rate of $119 and they very graciously said yes!! Now - just have to get ready to watch airfares then all will be complete!!!

We just booked the Staybridge Inn for the night before and 4 nights after our Feb. 24 cruise. I checked different websites for prices then called the hotel directly. Got the rooms for $119 a night with free breakfast. The TripAdvisor reviews are mostly very positive. The rooms were listing for $144 on the night before the cruise so we asked since we were staying 4 nights after if we could have the same rate of $119 and they very graciously said yes!! Now - just have to get ready to watch airfares then all will be complete!!!

Is that downtown? Do you know if it has parking? I am going to look that hotel up.

I believe it is downtown/warehouse-arts district. I know you can see Harrahs and it is very near the port. I think it has parking but of course it is not free - about $30- we are flying so I didn't check - they may have a park-n-cruise package. If you call the hotel 800 reservation number they are very knowledgeable and friendly, just ask and see what you can do. Good luck!!!!

I read your posts about the Gretna hotel. You hotel is just over the bridge from the Quarter. You are less than 10 minutes, very little traffic from downtown. You will get a good nights rest because of the lack of noise. the bridge has a $1.00 toll, but that is only from the westbank to the eastbank. I would think you would want to save the money from your trip, or spending in the quarter. I am from New Orleans, and would recommend this hotel.

I read your posts about the Gretna hotel. You hotel is just over the bridge from the Quarter. You are less than 10 minutes, very little traffic from downtown. You will get a good nights rest because of the lack of noise. the bridge has a $1.00 toll, but that is only from the westbank to the eastbank. I would think you would want to save the money from your trip, or spending in the quarter. I am from New Orleans, and would recommend this hotel.

Thank you. For the advice. I am gonna stay put here then. The added extras as far as shuttle and parking makes this a winner.

I appreciate your recommendation.

Archived