Rays, Reef and Rum Point (Nativeway)

ladyt

I just booked this excursion for my family of 4 (my husband, myself, 17 year old son, 8 year old son). We are looking forward to this.

My questions is: We have never been snorkeling before, how difficult is it? For those of you that have done this excursion before, do people wear life vests? How deep is the water that you are swimming in?

Any other info that you can provide would be great!!

Thanks.

snorkling is pretty easy. You get your mask and snorkle on when you are with the stingrays, so this is a good time to pratice since you are only in waists deep water. Most people do not wear life vests, but they are available. Try to find another way to wear the vest, like around your waist or something and it will be more comfortable. The reef is about 12' deep water.

ladyt - We just returned from the Conquest and my wife and I and my 5 1/2 year old son did a snorkeling tour with Nativeway. Nativeway does have life vests, and they will help you put them on so they are most comfortable. When you are swimming with the stingrays, I don't think you need the life vest since you are standing in 4 - 4 1/2 feet of water. We also went snorkeling at Coral Gardens and there we all used the vest. Snorkeling is not difficult, but you need to make sure that the mask fits right or you will get salt water in your eyes. You may want to purchase your own equipment to ensure the correct fit as well as for sanitary reasons.

Archived