Umbrellas available?

hoffdahl

Yes, there should be. If it is missing the cabin attendant will bring you one.

I should add we always carry those dollars store ponchos if rain is forecast. They have traveled the world over many years and only used once. We were up on the Acropolis. What started off as a pleasant day ended with wind so high umbrellas were useless. There were several of us still wondering about, or being blown about in our opaque pink or yellow or green ponchos looking rather silly but more or less dry. After we got down from the hill and out of the wind we did wish we had brought the umbrella off of the ship.

The umbrellas in the cabin provided by Oceania are very large "golf" type umbrellas. You do better off carrying your own small umbrellas that you can stash into your bag or pocket.

Thats what I do..I like smaller ones better..if it stops raining, I throw it in my bag..

Jancruz1

In Tangier on the Marina transatlantic, it was raining heavily when we came back to the ship and crew members were waiting for us with umbrellas. A nice touch and very welcome on a very wet day.

Ponchos are a really good option. You can find ones that fold up into a tiny travel pouch. They also keep you from having to juggle an umbrella.

There are a couple of downsides: The strong plastic smell and the lack of ventilation in some types of ponchos (they can get pretty hot).

We bring a couple with us we bought at Disney World and also have hooded, ventilated rain jackets.

Archived