Entertainment Reservations on Freedom of the Seas?

I've been playing around on my Booking Dashboard on the RCI website and I noticed there's a spot where one can make reservations for the entertainment/shows on board...

Is it a wise idea to reserve the seats beforehand? Would I still need to show up 30 mins before the show began to get the seat I reserved or can I just walk in right before the show begins and get the seats? I'm also a tad confused because the note on the dashboard says that only people on Oasis or Allure can make pre-reservations for the shows, yet it gives me the option to make the reservations online for Freedom and I've read on here that some people have made entertainment reservations for that ship.

Thanks for any insight! It's been a few years since I cruised on RCI and they've definitely added a lot more pre-board options as far as making reservations. I'm all about NOT standing in lines to make reservations once my vacation begins.

I've been playing around on my Booking Dashboard on the RCI website and I noticed there's a spot where one can make reservations for the entertainment/shows on board...

Is it a wise idea to reserve the seats beforehand? Would I still need to show up 30 mins before the show began to get the seat I reserved or can I just walk in right before the show begins and get the seats? I'm also a tad confused because the note on the dashboard says that only people on Oasis or Allure can make pre-reservations for the shows, yet it gives me the option to make the reservations online for Freedom and I've read on here that some people have made entertainment reservations for that ship.

Thanks for any insight! It's been a few years since I cruised on RCI and they've definitely added a lot more pre-board options as far as making reservations. I'm all about NOT standing in lines to make reservations once my vacation begins.

They started reservations on Freedom, for us first time was last January. They open up the seats to those without a reservation about 10 minutes before show time so ou need to get there before that. We did notice hat you really need to get there 30 minutes before show time which is when they open up the doors. Unfortunately there will be a line. I hated having to make reservations and the the hassle of waiting to get in.

We made reservations for all the shows. You can change or cancel onboard if you like. The doors open 30 minutes before the show starts and they scan your card as you go in. If you don't make a reservation you have to wait until 10 minutes before the show starts to get in. We had a large party and wanted to sit together. Depends on how picky you are about where you sit! If you want to see the ice show make reservations ahead of time. Otherwise you'll be standing in line to get tickets instead of enjoying the ship.

Last week we only made reservations for the ice show and ended up seeing Once Upon a Time and the magic show too without any problem. Loads of seats available (esp in the balcony) for the other two performances - the ice show was packed, but still allowed us to stand at the top (we were stuck waiting for an elevator with a wheelchair for 20 min and missed the doors opening)

and we did make show reservations in advance.

I agree the site is confusing but you can make your Frredom show reservations online prior to your cruise. I recommend you do that. You won't receive a ticket, but you will receive an email confirmation. If you forget what you reserved, you can get a print out at Guest Services. If a show is rescheduled, you wil receive a note in your cabin. Most importantly, your seat is held for you until 10 minutes prior to show time. If you are not seared by then, you forfeit your seat. At some venye, you even enter through a separate entrance, bypassing those waiting in line.

Enjoy your cruise, and let me know if there's anything else you need to know.

Archived